If you belong to after ’99s generation than ever inquire from early ’90s generation about the price of hard disk at that time. In almost earliest 21st century hard disk was available with low size and expensive price. From that there comes the need of a software, which can compress the size of file and help in saving the space. Today WinZip and WinRar are two famous compressor, which are used to compress the file size and provides some extra benefits and features also. Let us discuss them one by one.
What is WinZip?
WinZip is the first compression software, which is still popular software since April 1991. First it was created for file compression but now its facilities range has been increased. You can use it for file sharing, file management, PDF conversion to Word & vice versa, driver updates, registry optimization, courier and malware protection. This software is available for Mac, Windows, iOS and Android. Zipping and sending the large size files has become very easy by this software. Moreover, WinZip email companion version for MS Outlook 2002, 03 and 07, MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel for same described version is also available.
What is WinRar?
WinRar is a new compression and shareware software than WinZip. First time context menu, archive and spanning options were introduced by WinRar. It is capable of supporting Zip format in addition to its specific Rar format. WinRar is available in 45 languages for Windows XP or later, Mac, Linux, FreeBSD and Android. This software can unpack 17 archive files. I MB to 1GB file compression size is available by WinRar. Currently more than 500 million users are using this software for file compression, transfer, email transmission and organizing data storage. It is an ideal software for multimedia files as it automatically detect the suitable and best compression method for your file. Less than 2MB size is not enough size for using this.
- WinRar is available in 45 languages while WinZip is available in just seven languages, which are six times less than WinRar.
- WinRar provides the options of standard RAR compression and solid compression, which is not available by WinZip.
- Extract from broken files, separate archive and setting up compression dictionary size is totally neglected by WinZip but available by WinRar.
- Pause and size setting after each volume available by WinRar not by WinZip.
- Conversion rate of WinZip for text files, word files, bitmap file and 3D CAD files is two time more than WinRar.
- Security features of WinRar are more advanced and protective than WinZip.
- With the help of WinRar you can unpack 17 archive files while WinZip provides just 13 archive files option.
- WinZip is useful for multi task in addition to simple compression. It offers you conversion of PDF files to MS Word & vice versa, driver updates and malware protection as well, which is lack in WinRar.
- WinRar accept the WinZip format but WinZip does not allowed WinRar file format.