Microsoft is not the name of just a corporation, it is the name of a soul of business. In this article I will discuss about its family member, Outlook. This family member was developed for carrying your important messages and files across the world. It is an electronic post office and locker, which keeps all your record and send it to your destination according to your order. Following are the differences between Outlook and Outlook Express.
What is Outlook?
Outlook is the first messaging service and client of Microsoft. It is a single application, which is built in MS Office and MS Exchange Server. This is a perfect service for business and professional users. It gives you facilities of calendaring, contacts, tasks and email accounts. Inbox gives you options to filter your emails and remove the unnecessary ones. You can send one email to multiple groups with one click. Voice mails, vCalendar, iCalendar, LDAP, HTML, news will makes this product beneficial for you. You can develop your own custom software with the help of Microsoft Visual Studio.
What is Outlook Express?
Outlook Express is an email service provided by Microsoft in shape of MS Internet Explorer 4.x, 5.x, MS Win 98 OS, 200 OS, and MS Win Millennium Edition. This product is designed for home users. By this service individual can access their emails by having internet connection. Multiple supported languages and protocols are integrated for the convenience of sending and receiving emails messages. With the help of new features you can import your emails, contacts, addresses from MS Exchange Server, Eudora and Netscape. In box will provides you full access to manage you emails in any manners. Either you wants to filter the emails or you wants to move them in any specific folder will be available in Outlook Express. With updated HTML you can organize your backgrounds and graphics. For special occasions stationery designed are also added.
- Outlook Express is designed for home user while Outlook is developed for business and corporate user.
- Outlook features are more than Outlook Express. Outlook provides you calendar, task list, journal, automatic back up facilities, which are not available by Outlook Express.
- Outlook is more sophisticated about incoming and outgoing mails and it keeps an eye on junk mails as well. Outlook Express filters only incoming mails and never cares about junk mails.
- In Outlook you can store messages and their settings on server, which is not provided by Outlook Express.
- In addition to nine common supported protocols of both services, Outlook supports six additional protocols, which are, MAOI, MIME, vCalendar, vCard, iCalendar and full supported HTML mail.
- Outlook can be easily combined with other products like MS Word. You can merge an email in MS Word. Outlook Express doesn’t interact with other MS Office programs or products.
- Outlook file format is .pst and Outlook Express file format is .dbx.