Have you ever heard about intangible electronic lockers? If not then today I will familiar you with these lockers which are mostly free. Many online cloud storage services are providing this facility to internet users. You have to just create account on their official websites. Here we will discuss about most popular cloud storage services, Google Drive and One Drive.
What is Google Drive?
Google always comes with new features. On April 24, 2014 it has keep step in cloud storage service by launching Google Drive. You can store your files, sheets, drawings, slides, images and videos. Like OneDrive, Google Drive is comes with 15GB free space. More storage packages are also available with some charges. More than 100 apps are available to increase your work performance. You can also use it in offline mode. Either you edit your data or share it with friends both are available. You can also see the previous 30 days history to check who made the changes in data. This drive is available for Mac, PC, Android, iPhone and iPad.
What is OneDrive?
OneDrive is older cloud storage service than Google Drive, which is working since August 1, 2007. Previously it was known as SkyDrive, Windows Live and Windows Live Folder. Like Google Drive, it is also giving many facilities to its users. First there is 15 GB free space for registered users, which is almost enough space to save your personal and important data. Then there is Office online editing facility, which has add the value in OneDrive. You can use Office tools as that you are using on your desktop computer. More than 50 apps are built in for your convenience.
- Both Google Drive and OneDrive are available for Mac, PC, Tablet, Smart Phones and Android. Google Drive is not available for Windows Mobile, which is already offered by OneDrive.
- OneDrive is available in 107 international languages while Google Drive is available in 68 international languages.
- Google Drive is offering more than 100 already built apps, which are two time more than 50 apps of OneDrive.
- Basic free package plan given by both is 15GB. More free space scheme is also available. OneDrive offers 500MB free storage for one friend recruit by you. You can recruit 10 friends to this service, which means you can get 5GB free space in addition to 15GB free space. Google Drive is also offering this incentive but if you are able to recruit 26 friends to this service.
- In addition to free package, OneDrive is offering two additional packages. One is 100GB for £99/month and other is 200GB for £3.99/month. Google Drive has five pay packages plan from 100GB for $1.99/month to 30TB for $299.99/month.
- If you are using Windows 8 or Windows Phone, OneDrive is already installed on your system. Google Drive is not already available in Windows 8. You have to download and install it by yourself.