Conventional and traditional are two English terms, which are related to lifestyles, principles, traditions and customs. Do not mix up them with agriculture, engineering or medicine filed. In this article they are being analyzed generally not particularly. Mostly these terms are used in case of our lifestyle. For example, he likes to live a traditional or conventional life. Scroll down for the interesting information of conventional and traditional. After that you will comes to know what are the basic differences between them.
What is Conventional?
The most easier definition of conventional is to accepting general acceptable, common principles, norms or agreements between people. It can be made of by past practices and experiences or by the future consensus of people. Main advantage of conventional is that it is based on some logic. It is an ongoing activity, which changes according to style and policies of people. For example, in Asian country, Sunday is a holiday so it becomes conventional. Member countries of UNO, IMF, WTO or International Organizations are bound to follow the rules and regulations of these bodies because by becoming the members they agreed for that. Whenever there will be change in the policy, all the member countries are restricted to follow the same and disown the old policies. It is a best example of conventional.
What is Traditional?
Traditional relates to those principles and policies, which had been agreed in past and passing down to next generation with the passage of time. It is hard to change the traditions. For example, in Asian countries bridal wears red dress on her marriage while in western countries bridal used white dress. Both are traditions of their respective region. Logic behind this concepts is that their forefathers used that dress for marriages in their time. Tradition can be in form of long term and short term. Mostly seasonal fashion are treated as short term tradition while our customs, traditions, religion and personal lifestyle are long term tradition. Tradition can be common as well as different between different people. Mostly it exists in different shapes. From dress to eating, every nation have different tradition than others.
- Conventional is an ongoing activity and changes according to modern requirement while tradition never changes.
- Conventional is necessary for different countries and nations to live friendly while traditional relates to personal life of an individual.
- Conventional has modern qualities while traditional has ancient qualities because it is related to past.
- Religion can be treated as traditional because it sets the ultimate principles for humankind while secularism and humanism can be treated as conventional as they changed according to environment.
- Traditional term is more stronger than conventional. It remains in existence in any shape while being conventional for a long term means conventional has been changed into short term tradition.
- Conventional is the first stage of human thought and traditional is the ultimate result of that thought.
- Political, economical, defense and public relations policies are examples of conventional while personal life, customs, traditions are examples of traditional.