Table of Contents
The main difference between the words loyal and faithful is mainly of the intensity and the attributes that carry along with the two terms. The term loyal refers to the affiliation and allegiance towards someone or something i.e. people, organization, sect, country, etc. on the basis of returned benefit and assistance. Whereas the term faithful moreover focuses upon the self-devotion and givenness of everything to anyone or towards anything without considering anything in return.
Loyal vs. Faithful
Loyal is a term used for a person who is sincere to a group of people, an organization, a cause, a sect, or even a nation on the basis of relationship in between. The loyal term indicates the adherence towards a particular party or side on the basis of long-term affiliation and due to mutually exclusive benefits, both parties get from each other. A person be said loyal to his country as the country gave him his identity, place to work and live, etc. Similarly, a person serving a company for a while in return of monetary benefits and various other profitable deeds is termed as loyal to that company. On the other hand, the term faithful possesses way more deep and intense meaning of sincerity, devotion, and dependents. Loyalty is the start which could turn into faithfulness. A faithful person is the one who strictly obeys all the vows and promises he or she pledged towards someone which is usually the relationships. Faithfulness depicts the unconditional support and believes in some cause without any ambiguities, that entails the adherence towards the religions as well. A faithful person keeps his sincerity pledged despite all odds, no matter whether the other person or party is right or wrong, faithfulness entails firm determination and believe above everything.
What is Loyal?
Loyal is the English language term that indicates a person’s affirmation and allegiance towards a group of people, a country, a company, etc. on the basis of long-term affiliation, relation and sometimes rewards. The word Loyal was derived in 1400 from Old French words “loialte” and “leaute”, which means honesty and legitimacy. The term Loyal is used for a person’s affiliation and allegiance with the friends, nation, company, relationships, etc. it usually falls in the terms of immense support towards a group, sect, race, cause, country, etc. The word often abides within respond benefits direct or indirect in a variety of different ways depending on the situations. The word loyal is applicable when demonstrating someone’s support, stand, allegiance, affiliation, etc. with other people, a particular group, a company, government, nation, etc.
- A person is loyal to his or her nation as per the given identity and homeland by the nation.
- A person is loyal towards the company he or she works for in exchange for monetarily and social benefits.
What is Faithful?
Faithful is a term in the English language that points towards the adhering sincerity of someone for a particular relation, faith, etc. A faithful person is strongly committed to his vows and promises and never abide by the rules set no matter what. The word Faithful was derived in 1300 from the Middle English word “fiethful” which meant devotion and dependability. The word faithful is applicable when depicting the long-term affiliation, devotion, dependability, true-heartedness, immense level support to others without any consent and response, like faithfulness towards family, loved ones etc. The term Faithful, on the other hand, is used for a person’s solid, constant, long term devotion to a particular duty or obligation or considered compulsion. Although faithful can be used a synonym to loyal but one the same time it differs from loyal on the basis of intensity and purity it carries in its overall meaning. Faithfulness depicts the unconditional support without knowing right or wrong and good or bad. Faithfulness does not involve any benefit or reward as like of loyal.
- A person is faithful towards his relationships i.e. spouse, parents, children, etc. without any consent or reward.
- A person is faithful as he possesses a firm believer in a religion neglecting all the odds, keeps all the vows and promises considering it above the barriers or right and wrong.
- Loyal is the term referring to the affiliation of a person with a group of people, organization or a nation in terms of mutual benefits while Faithfulness is the intensive adherence towards the relationships and religious norms without any consensus.
- Loyalty is on the lighter side of affiliation and Faithfulness is deep and intense devotion.
- Loyalty is in exchange for various benefits, on the other hand, Faithfulness is massive support without any wish of getting something in return.
- Loyalty is sincerity while Faithfulness is the firm believes.