Both the natural phenomena can engulf uncountable lives when hit the residential areas, although their mechanism isn’t same even their point of actions aren’t same even that they are closely allied with each other. The main reason behind it is the mechanism of Cyclone at the tropical region, as it mostly over here begins from the sea/river and people call it Tsunami. But the reality is that Cyclone can take place anywhere but Tsunami get arise after forming waves in water.
What is Cyclone?
The Cyclones are giant, spinning, whirlwind storms, which get a move in the circular motion, whether possessing the clockwise movement or anticlockwise movement. As mentioned above, they can happen anywhere in the world and they may cause heavy rain fall, which can even worsen the situation with the Flood alert.Cyclone is a storm or system of winds that rotates about a center of low atmospheric pressure, advances at a speed of 20 to 30 miles (about 30 to 50 kilometers) an hour, and often brings heavy rain. The word ‘Cyclone’ was first coined by Hennry Piddington in 1848, and is derived from the Greek Word Kyklon which means “moving in a circle, whirling around,”.
What is Tsunami?
It won’t be wrong to call it an underwater earthquake as it moves on forming the strong waves after an abrupt movement on the ocean floor takes place that can be the earthquake, an underwater landslide or a volcanic eruption. So far in the history, majority of Tsunami have hit the pacific regions because over there, there are the greater number of subductions (one tectonic plate slides beneath another and sinks deep into the Earth’s mantle) zones and submarine volcanoes are situated in the place.Tsunami is a very high, large wave in the ocean that is usually caused by an earthquake under the sea and that can cause great destruction when it reaches the land. The word ‘Tsunami’ is Japenese originated which means Tsu “harbor” + name “waves”.
- The Cyclone can be predicted in advance by the weather experts, although, Tsunami can’t be predicted even by the seismic experts.
- When both these natural disaster took off, one of it, Cyclone follows the circular motion (maybe sometimes a little irregular) and the other one form tides (waves) after the tectonic plates get hit in and furthermore, the potential energy get changes into Kinetic energy.
- Cyclones can take place anywhere as it should be kept mentioned that they aren’t the natural disaster just formed above the water as it can even form anywhere where it gets the low atmospheric pressure. Although, Tsunamis only set off in the water followed by the abrupt movement under water (above sea level).
- The Cyclones are formed as having change above the sea level in the wind, on the other hand, Tsunami hits off after the variations occur below the sea level.
- Maximum Cyclones have taken place in the tropical areas, opposite to it the maximum number of Tsunamis have taken place in the Pacific regions.
- After the Cyclone hit, there are strong possibilities of heavy rain although, there are not such indications after Tsunami shook in the area.