NSE and BSE stands for National Stock Exchange and Bombay Stock Exchange respectively. These two are the leading stock exchange sin India. The difference between these two is important to understand for those planning for investment in Indian stock market. The main difference between NSE and BSE is that NSE is present in almost all cities of the India while BSE is present in 400 cities of the India.
What is NSE?
National Stock Exchange (NSE) is the leading stock exchange of India that was established in 1992. It is the premier demutualized electronic exchange in India. It was the first exchange of India to provide a latest, fully automated screen-based electronic trading system that provided easy trading facility to investors across the country. The market capitalization worth of NSE is over $1.65 trillion that makes it the 12th largest exchange of the world. It offers trading, clearing and settlement services in equity, equity derivates, debt and currency segments. It has 2500 VSATs and 3000 leased lines spread over than 2000 cities of the India.
What is BSE?
Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) is among the leading stock exchanges of India. It is the one of the oldest stock exchange in South Asia and fastest stock exchange in Asia, with a speed of 200 microseconds. The market capitalization worth of BSE is $1.7 trillion that makes it the 10th largest stock market of the world. Over 5,500 companies are listed on BSE. It was founded in 1875. It was the first exchange that was recognized by the Indian Government under the Securities Contracts Regulation Act on August 31, 1957. BSE is a corporatized and demutualized entity with a broad shareholder-base that provides an efficient and transparent market for trading in equity, debt instruments derivatives, and mutual funds.
- NSE was established in 1992. BSE was founded in 1875 that makes it the oldest stock exchange in South Asia.
- The market capitalization worth of NSE is over $1.65 trillion. . The market capitalization worth of BSE is $1.7 trillion.
- NSE is the 12th largest exchange of the world. BSE is the 10th largest exchange in the world.
- Indices of NSE are: NIFTY Pre Open, CNX Nifty, CNX Nifty Junior, CNX 100, 200 & 500, CNX MIDCAP, CNX SMALLCAP, INDIA VIX, LIX 15 and NIFTY MIDCAP 50. Indices of BSE are: BSE SENSEX, MidCap, SmallCap, 100, 200, 500, GREENEX, CARBONEX, PSU, India Infrastructure Index, CPSE, India Manufacturing Index, IPO, SME IPO, AUTO, BANKEX, CONSUMER DURABLES, CAPITAL GOODS, Fast Moving Consumer Goods, Healthcare, Information Technology, METAL, OIL & GAS, POWER, REALITY and TECK.
- Over 1,700 companies are listed on NSE. While over 5,500 companies are listed on BSE.
- NSE is present in almost all cities of the India while BSE is present in 400 cities of the India.