Time for styling the hair via natural traditional hair oils has been passed away. Today multiple kinds of pomades, gels, waxes, pastes, creams, serums and hairsprays are available that has totally replaced the hair oil for styling the hair. These are very popular among teens and they used it for looking dashing and hot. There is no dearth of these kinds of hair tonic. But here the discussion will be about gel and wax so that next time you can decide what to choose between these two products.
What is Gel?
Gel is a jelly-like material, which is used to stiffen and giving particular style to hair. Gel is not a latest innovation. If we search through history, we comes to know that in ancient Egyptians times gels were used to styled the hair of mummies. These times, they were made of fats and vegetables. Today the trend of gel has got popularity form America and UK and both are the leading manufacturers of gel as well. The purpose of gel is to softener the hard hair and gives them a particular and dashing hairstyle. It is like a liquid type jelly. Rub into your hands and apply on the hair to get textures and style. Cationic polymers and copolymer of vinylpyrrolidone and methacrylamide are used as basic ingredients in the gel.
What is Wax?
Wax is a type of some hard paste material, which is used to reshape and hold the hair. After using the wax, it requires to washout the hair to gets the effect. It gives shine and style to the hair. Most of the wax are already complete in manufacturing while some required water to mix out to make the wax. It is being used for ancient times in shape of waxy soap. Beeswax, candelilla wax, carnauba wax, castor wax, emulsifying, lanolin and ozokerite are used as basic ingredients in the preparation of wax. Besides purchasing it from store, you can also prepare it at home.
- Gel is more expensive than wax. Moreover, high quality gel are not easily found at shopping store. They are just available at saloon or beauty parlor. While wax is easily available on every shopping store.
- Applying gel is very easy as compare to wax. It comes in complete shape while sometimes you are required to add some water and other materials in wax to get the complete form.
- Removing gel is not difficult. It is like a water which automatically absorbed into hair. While to get the result of wax you are required to washout the hair after applying the wax.
- Side effects of gel are more than wax because it is made of artificial flavors and chemicals. While wax is made of mostly natural ingredients and there are low chances of side effects.
- Beeswax, candelilla wax, carnauba wax, castor wax, emulsifying, lanolin and ozokerite are used as basic ingredients in the preparation of wax. While cationic polymers and copolymer of vinylpyrrolidone and methacrylamide are used as basic ingredients in the preparation of gel.
- Wax is used to straighten the curly hair as well giving the style while gel is used to softening and styling the hair.
- Gel comes in water jelly and spray form while wax always comes in a solid form.