India has become one of the most renowned IT hubs in the world. Two of India’s major cities, Hyderabad and Bangalore, have made a name for themselves based largely on their IT companies’ presence. Bangalore is home to Infosys, the brainchild of Narayan Murthy ,Wipro Technologies, TCS and many major IT companies whereas both Bangalore and Hyderabad hosts Accenture, Microsoft. Hyderabad is home to Facebook.
What is Bangalore?
Bengaluru is the capital of India’s southern Karnataka state. The center of India’s high-tech industry, the city is also known for its green spaces and nightlife. Bangalore is home to software companies, telecommunications industries and defense organizations.
What is Hyderabad?
Hyderabad is the capital of southern India’s Telangana state. A major center for the technology industry, it’s home to many upscale restaurants and shops. The real estate industry is flourishing in the city of Hyderabad in the recent times.
- The real estate industry is flourishing in the city of Hyderabad in the recent times. Bangalore on the other hand is home to software companies, telecommunications industries and defense organizations.
- Bangalore is seat to dance forms Yakshagana.Hyderabad is seat to culture and arts.
- Hyderabad is the second most populated city in the South India and is the capital of Telangana. It had a population of 12 million. As per 2014 census. . Bangalore is the capital of Karnataka. According to 1951 census in India only 5 cities are with 1 million populations. Chennai and Hyderabad are the one included in top 5.
- Hyderabad is home to the Telugu film industry whereas Bangalore boasts the Kannada film industry
- Bangalore has a higher concentration of IT companies in its midst. For this reason it is called the Silicon Valley of India. Hyderabad on the other hand has been able to establish itself as a big hub for IT industries in but not in comparison to Bangalore, the biggest IT exporter in India. In Hyderabad, there are many options to learn technologies related to IT as there are numerous training institutes present and also the training cost is economic as compared to Bangalore.
- Bangalore was established in 1024 BC when it was annexed by Cholas. But modern Bangalore came into origin in 1537. The city of Hyderabad is relatively younger as it was founded in 1592.
- Hyderabad has well established pharmaceutical companies, local and MNCs and is considered a bulk drug capital of India. Bangalore does have good number of pharmacy companies but not as much as Hyderabad.
- Both have the defense industries but Hyderabad has the major chunk of the research and manufacturing. It is said that India’s major weapons like Agni, Prithvi are all designed and manufactured in Hyderabad.