The main difference between the tutor and teacher is that the tutor provides additional information to help student understand the material to be learnt in an informal or a special way rather than a teacher who provides formal learning session following the specific curriculum.
Teacher vs. Tutor
Firstly, a teacher is the one who is qualified to teach any particular subject in some organized institute, while a tutor teaches independently and at the homes of students instead of inside any institution. A teacher has to fulfill the certain criterion of the institute in which he/she seeks to teach. A tutor, on the other hand, does not have to have a high qualification to teach to the students. A teacher has the responsibility to teach to a bunch of students in the class by adopting certain standardized course of studies with the main concern of specific academic criterion. A tutor also follows the standards but by teaching one to one instead of delivering a lecture inside a class of multiple students. A teacher has to work out some plans and strategies to making each and every student of the class get benefit from. Tutors have the liberty to provide information in number of ways or technologies to guide the learners grabbing main ideas. Teachers have to come up with certain learning material to help students learn in variety of learning techniques and ways. With tutors, students often lead the way and they have to ask guidance for specific task and the tutor addresses the concerned complications. A teacher duty-bound to the very institute to which he/she is a part of while, a tutor is independent and can draw time table for teaching by his/her own self.
Who is Teacher?
A teacher is a qualified person who can formally teach in some institute or school. A teacher is duty-bound and does not pursue his teaching responsibility whimsically but rather the administration of the institute draws ways for him/her to follow accordingly. A teacher has to have a vast knowledge not only one specific subject but also to the variety of other subjects which are taught in school. A teacher must have strong nerves to deal with the number of students simultaneously under one roof and has to deal with the issues of different students. A teacher has to devise some certain techniques to persuade the students in learning.
Who is Tutor?
A tutor is a person who has no need to get a prior authentic certification in any particular subject in order to teach. He/she is independent and is not duty-bound by any institute and can move following own will and can draw own measures to ensure the learning of students. As a tutor is not attached with any institution, he/she does not have to follow certain rules, instead there are no such principles to follow in order to teach. A tutor is free from the hassle of bunch of students at the same time as here one to one teaching is practices and student receives full attention of the tutor.
- Teacher is typically formal person to instruct on given subject while tutor is not.
- Unlike tutors, teacher has to go according to curriculum
- In many countries, tutor instructs at home and teacher educates in institutes like school, college etc.
- Teacher gives formal on-going educational instructions while tutor instructs the student privately. Shadow education is a term used for private supplementary tutoring that is offered outside the formal education system
- In many countries, tutor is often a graduate or a lecturer in the related subject
- In Irish and British educational institutes, tutor forms groups out of class and instructs them after the teacher
- In Asian countries, tutor is usually private who instructs student at home – unlike teacher who does his or her duty at formal educational institutes
- In many countries especially in Asia, persons can be tutor without any proper training unlike teachers who have to meet the special criteria of qualification or other credentials
- There is also such thing like ‘student-to-student tutoring’ but it cannot be the same for teacher
- If you learn something online from tutorials or online helper or assistant, she or he is a tutor – not a teacher, usually.