The main difference between the Season and Weather is that Season is weather division in the year occurs due to rotation of Earth around the sun, whereas Weather is the current situation of the atmosphere occurs due to atmospheric pressure, temperature, and moisture.
Season vs. Weather
The season is the weather division in the year that is definite, whereas weather is the current atmospheric state. The season occurs due to rotation of Earth around the sun and Earth’s angle between the rotational axis and orbital axis relative to the ecliptic plane. In contrast, weather occurs due to fluctuation in the atmospheric temperature, precipitation, and moisture. The season is the long term effect on the geographical area; on the other hand, the weather is short term effect may vary from hours to several days.
Season effects the large geographical area with the same temperature like Northern Hemispheres and Sothern Hemispheres exhibit the same weather conditions, whereas weather affects the small region like rain, storm, dust, clouds, which may vary from place to place. The season is considered to be a specific time, which includes mating season, breeding season, rainy season, flowering season, etc.; on the flip side, the weather may include the unpleasant atmospheric states.
Season cause and imprint the effect on plants as their dormant stage, hibernation stage, breeding stage; on the other side, the weather does not cause the effect on habitat o organism being the short term condition. Seasons vary and have four principle states like summer, winter, spring, and autumn, with polar and temperate regions as well, whereas weathers occur due to the current state being the humidity, coldness, dryness, cloudy, clear, rainy, stormy or dusty.
What is Season?
The season is the weather division in the year that is definite according to the geographical importance of any place that whether it is present in the Northern hemisphere or Southern hemisphere. The season occurs due to rotation of Earth around the sun and Earth’s angle between the rotational axis and orbital axis relative to the ecliptic plane. Depending on the changes in the intensity of light reaching the Earth in temperate and polar regions, seasons vary from place to place. In the polar regions, animals exhibit hibernation or migration, while plants undergo dormancy.
Seasons majorly have variations in the Northern and Southern hemispheres. In the Northern hemisphere, sun intensity of radiation is high in May, June, and July. In contrast, in the Southern hemisphere, sun intensity is high in November, December, and January because the sun directly faces these hemispheres. The season holds a large geographic area with the same weather condition.
There are four classes of the seasons, which are regarded as coldest and warmest seasons with two intermediate seasonal conditions, which are autumn and spring.
Modern Mid-Latitude Ecological Classification
- Prevernal: Early or pre-spring from February to March.
- Vernal: It is spring from mid-March to late April.
- Estival: It is started in June, trees are green fully and hatching season of birds.
- Serotinal: It is from mid to late August, maturity time of birds, deciduous leaves change color.
- Autumnal: It is from mid to late September. Leaves started falling on getting brown.
- Hibernal: It is wintertime in December and November; trees are bare.
What is Weather?
Weather is the state of coldness, dryness, precipitation, wind, humidity, rainy, calm, stormy, clear or cloudy. These weather conditions vary in short term fluctuations as the atmospheric pressure, temperature, and moisture determines the weather situation. These conditions usually prevail in the troposphere region that lies below the stratosphere. Weather does not influence the habitat of organisms because it affects the region for a short period from hours to several days.
Weather is not affected by the distance of Earth from the sun. Weather affects the small geographic area rather than the season. Weather is also termed as the routine atmospheric state. The Hadley cell, the Ferrel cell, the Polar cell, and Jet stream are the atmospheric circulations at large scale, which is produced by the contrasting temperature of polar and tropical air.
In the weather conditions, higher altitudes attain lower temperatures, while lower altitudes attain higher temperatures. Being the chaotic system, the effect can be more substantial by the small changes in one region, and this instability in the weather makes it less predictable to forecast the weather. The weather modification has also been observed by many times, but it was successfully approached by China in 2008 during the Olympic games preparations.
The inadvertent and affecting modifications have also been observed by the humans who are caused by acid rain, greenhouse gases increasing global warming, anthropogenic pollutants, and heat as well. The weather has also cast the disastrous effects on the population like Hurricane Katrina, Tsunami. The famine in Europe, France, and Finland had been largely affected in history.
- The season is the result of the rotation of Earth around the sun and Earth angle between the rotational axis and orbital axis relative to the ecliptic plane, whereas weather is the result of atmospheric pressure, temperature, and moisture.
- The season is the weather division in the year that is definite, while the weather is the current atmospheric condition.
- The season is the long term effect of weather or atmospheric condition; on the flip side of the coin, the weather is the short term effect of atmospheric condition.
- Season effects the large geographical area like the Northern hemisphere and Southern hemisphere conditions; on the other hand, weather affects the small geographic area.
- Season affects the habitat of organisms in a specific area as breeding season, dormant season, hibernation; on the other side, the weather does not affect the habitat of organisms being the short term effect.
- The season is considered to be a specific time, which includes mating season, flowering season, etc.; on the flip side, the weather may include the unpleasant atmospheric conditions.
- Seasons vary and have four principle states like summer, winter, spring, and autumn, while weathers occur due to the current state being the humidity, coldness, dryness, cloudy, clear, rainy, stormy, or dusty.
The season occurs due to the revolution of Earth around the sun, whereas weather occurs due to change in the atmospheric temperature, pressure, and moisture, which mostly occurs in the troposphere.