The main difference between Smart TV and Normal TV is that Smart TV contains access to the internet through Wi-Fi, whereas Normal TV does not have access to the internet.
Smart TV vs. Normal TV
Smart TV is considered as television that contains access to the internet, so it is usually smarter than regular TV. On the other hand, a normal TV is considered as television that allows a person to see images and listen to music and sounds, i.e., watch videos, and a normal TV cannot have access to the internet. The functionality of a smart TV is that it is the hybrid between a TV and a computer; on the contrary, the functionality of a normal TV is that it is just a basic TV.
A built-in web browser is enabled in a smart TV; at the same time, a normal TV primarily does not have a built-in web browser. As smart TV contains access to the internet, so it needs a Wi-Fi to use its features; on the other hand, a normal TV does not need a Wi-Fi to use its features because it does not have any access to the internet.
A smart TV contains many built-in apps; on the contrary, a normal TV does not have any built-in apps. A smart TV can stream the contents; on the flip side, normal TV needs additional pieces of equipment to stream its contents. A smart TV may or may not consist of a touch screen; on the flip side, a normal TV typically does not consist of a touch screen.
What is Smart TV?
A smart TV is termed as ‘Smart’ because it can do many things such as it contains access to the internet. A smart TV is smarter than normal digital TV. Typically, the smart TV can access the internet through Wi-Fi. A smart TV contains functionality that has become a must in the technology of today’s’ world and sometimes known as the internet-driven world.
A smart TV consist of many apps that are built in its software through which it can access the internet’s information. These built-in apps also allow the smart TV to stream the contents online without using any other equipment, on condition that it consists of access to the internet and Wi-Fi.
A smart TV consists of a touch screen in which the viewer can interact by touching on the screen or may not have a touch capability that can be interacted through the remote. There are many companies present which launch smart TV are TCL, Philips, Vizio, Samsung, LG, Sony, every Roku, and Hisense.
What is Normal TV?
A normal TV is just a digital TV because it does not consist of many built-in things in its software, and most importantly, it cannot access the internet. A normal TV does not need Wi-Fi to use its features. The functionality of a normal TV is that it is just a basic TV that works on the function of watching videos and listen to music.
A normal TV does not consist of built-in apps in its software. A normal TV is mainly free to air TV to which many people are used to for passing their time. Though, there are many other TVs present in the market that gives functionality to a normal TV to convert into a smart TV such as Roku TCL, Chromecast, etc.
- A smart TV is known as television, which contains access to the internet. Besides, it also provides internet TV, which means TV shows and many videos that are distributed over the internet, and also provides on-demand streaming media. For example, Amazon Prime, Hulu, YouTube, Netflix, and many others. On the other hand, a normal TV does not contain any access to the internet, so it does not need any Wi-Fi to run its features; instead, it also can be converted into a smart TV by connecting through a wire.
- A smart TV is known to be hybrid between a TV and a computer because it contains the features of both basic functionalities of a TV and technology and services which are linked with a computer. On the flip side, a normal TV is just a basic TV in which the user can watch the videos on the screen or can listen to the music.
- Many apps are generally built on a smart TV; in contrast, no built-in apps are present on a normal TV.
- A smart TV needs Wi-Fi to route its features to run as home networking access; at the same time, Wi-Fi is not necessary for a normal TV to use its features and watch or listen to the videos.
- A smart TV often contains a web browser to search in common knowledge enabled in it; on the other hand, a web browser is not present on a normal TV.
- A smart TV consists of a touch screen which viewer can interact by touching on the screen or may not have a touch capability which can be interacted through remote; on the contrary, a normal TV does not consist of a touch screen and always operated through a remote.
The above discussion concludes that smart TV is known as having the functionality of both TV and computer because it functions as a basic TV and also has technologies of a computer. In contrast, a normal TV does not have access to the internet and contains the functionality of just a basic TV.