HTTP is an acronym for Hypertext Transfer Protocol; this is the most popular protocol in use today. It is the communication standard used by your web browser in order to communicate with the server of the website that you are viewing. WWW or the World Wide Web is a prefix to a certain name in order to identify that it is a web site that you are visiting. HTTP is the protocol used to transfer data to and from the website. WWW is the identifier that indicates that it is a web site and it uses the HTTP protocol.
What is HTTP?
“http” stands for Hypertext Transfer Protocol and as the name suggests, it’s the protocol for communication through internet. It is the communication standard used by your web browser in order to communicate with the server of the website that you are viewing .
What is WWW?
www is a sub-domain or prefix which stands for world wide web, which is just a sub-domain. Historically everybody uses www and people type a web address with www, but there is no technical reason to use www. Web sites can have an url with out www.
- HTTP defines how messages are formatted and transmitted, and what actions Web servers and browsers should take in response to various commands and The World Wide Web, abbreviated as WWW and commonly known as the Web, is a system of interlinked hypertext documents accessed via the Internet. With a web browser, one can view web pages that may contain text, images, videos, and other multimedia and navigate between them by using hyperlinks.
- HTTP is a set of rule of transfer of data from server to client (computers). WWW is world wide web means a site or a web page can be accessed through out the globe except some special conditions.
- Http is a link, www is an address.
- HTTP is the protocol used to transfer data to and from the website. WWW is the identifier that indicates that it is a web site and it uses the HTTP protocol.
- Hyper Text Transfer Protocol is a file transfer protocol specifically designed to facilitate access to the WWW. This protocol transfers data in the form of plain text, hypertext, audio, video, and so on. It is called HTTP because it is used in an environment where there are rapid jumps from one document to another.
- The existence of the World Wide Web (WWW) is a major factor behind the recent explosive growth of the Internet. HTTP is a TCP-based service.
- Most WWW browsers are capable of using protocols other than HTTP, which is the basic protocol of the Web.
- The World Wide Web, or simply Web, is a way of accessing information over the medium of the Internet. It is an information-sharing model that is built on top of the Internet. The Web uses the HTTP protocol, only one of the languages spoken over the Internet, to transmit data. Web services, which use HTTP to allow applications to communicate in order to exchange business logic, use the the Web to share information.