The main difference between Teacher and Trainer is that the Teacher gives theoretical knowledge, whereas the Trainer gives practical knowledge.
Teacher vs. Trainer
A teacher is the one who teaches, and the trainer is the one who trains. The knowledge that teachers impart is theoretical. The knowledge that trainers impart is practical. The teacher teaches different concepts and theories to his/her students. Trainer trains various technical and practical skills to his trainees. A teacher is usually having the data in the form of a book, document, or slides. A trainer usually does not have the written data because he practically demonstrates the training.
The place for teaching must have a calm environment, such as a classroom. The place required for training is having a work environment such as the gym. Teaching also teaches skills, but it aims at acquiring education by having grades at school. Training focuses on specific skills that can be used for the relative job. A person must be a trained professional and senior to become a teacher. A trainer can be a fellow employee having experience within the workplace.
A teacher aims at passing formal education. A trainer tries to develop new skills in a student. The typical method of imparting knowledge of a teacher is to give a lecture by making use of white/blackboard, projector, or any screen. The typical method by which a trainer gives training is by giving a physical presentation by making moves, by conducting different activities, by individually train a student by helping him/her improve his/her moves, steps, or manner.
What is a Teacher?
A teacher is a person having the essential knowledge and experience that he/she transfers to others by the use of different methods. The type of knowledge given in the process of teaching tends to be theoretical. Teachers educate and impart knowledge by giving concepts and proper understanding. Teaching makes us learn the primary skills that lead us further, helping in acquiring knowledge. A teacher is also known as the mentor of the society.
The title ‘teacher’ is generally associated with primary and secondary education. In tertiary education, the persons who impart education are known as lecturers and professors. The environment for teaching must be controlled, calm, and formal. The typical method of imparting knowledge of a teacher is to give a lecture by making use of white/blackboard, projector, or any screen.
A teacher teaches theories but may also teach the practical application of that knowledge. Apart from imparting certain knowledge, teachers interact with their students, facilitates their learning, and focus on mentoring and instructing. Teachers always follow a syllabus and curriculum organized by higher authorities. They are usually having the data in the form of a book, document, or slides.
Functions of Teaching
- Impart new knowledge/skills
- Acquaint the learners with a healthy learning environment
- Aims at giving academic, and emotional maturity to students
- Also, focus on the morals and values of the students
- Facilitate the learners
- Help students to assess progress and to achieve their aim
- Gives them essential academic lessons
- Contributes to polishing the society
What is the Trainer?
A trainer trains the people to do the things that are relative to the training program. The main focus of a trainer is on a specific area of development. He tries to impart the skills among the trainees. The trainees reflect on the ability of the trainer. Training is known to be a practical approach to learning. It must have a relative environment to be part of hands-on education. A trainer always follows a training plan and relevant training methods.
The job of a trainer is not only to train his pupils practically but also mentally. He notices the behavior of trainees and brings an improvement in it. The trainees, after the training period, start to perform effectively and efficiently. People learn new skills within a job environment in training. Trainer are usually given the task to train the employees when a company has to improve the skills and productivity of the employees.
A trainer is a job title that is usually present in the field of sports and athletics. A trainer helps a trainee in self-improvement to cope with the competitive world of individual achievement. He polishes specific skills of persons by special exercises that enhance the individual’s performance. This term trainer is common in the Human Resource field, where the employees receive the training to attain specific competencies.
Functions of Trainer
- Develop the skills of learners
- Train for any company, organization, etc.
- Accelerate development by improving individual performance
- Equip the academically good employee with the practical tools and techniques for the job
- The knowledge that teachers impart is theoretical, whereas the knowledge that trainers impart is practical.
- The teacher teaches different concepts and theories; on the other hand, the trainer trains various technical and practical skills.
- The people that teacher teaches are known as students inversely the people whom a trainer trains are commonly known as the trainees.
- A person must be a trained professional and senior to become a teacher; inversely, a trainer can be a fellow employee having the experience within the workplace.
- It is so simple that a teacher is the one who teaches on the flip side; the trainer is the one who trains.
- The place for teaching must have a calm environment such as a classroom; on the other hand, the place required for training is having a work environment such as the gym.
- A teacher is usually having the data in the form of a book, document, or slides. In contrast, a trainer often does not have the written data because he practically demonstrates the training.
- Teaching also teaches skills, but it aims at acquiring education by having grades at school; on the contrary, raining focuses on specific skills that can use for the relevant job.
- A teacher aims at passing the formal education on the converse trainer tries to develop new skills in a student.
Teachers and Trainers are related professions, but they are different from each other. The difference between a Teacher and a Trainer based on the type of knowledge they are giving and the way by which they impart that knowledge.