The main difference between Speed Post and Registered Post is that Speed Post is a high-speed postal service that offers time-bound delivery of the post, and Registered Post is similar to an ordinary post but offers additional facilities like the signature of the recipient, extra cover, proof of delivery.
Speed Post vs. Registered Post
Speed Post is a high-speed postal service. As long as timely delivery of Registered post is concerned, it is like an ordinary post. Speed Post is address specific; It delivered to any person present at the destination address. Postage fee is calculated based on volume as well as distance; on the other hand, Registered Post is addressee specific; It must be delivered only to the person to whom the letter addressed to. However, a person can authorize some other person on his/her behalf to receive the letter. This authorization is valid for three years. Postage fee is calculated based on volume/weight alone. Generally, record keeping is done in case of Speed Post whereas Special record keeping is done in the case of Registered Post as well as an acknowledgment card is to be signed by the receiver at the time of delivery. The speed post service is possible at an affordable price, whereas the rates of Registered Post are comparatively high.
Speed Post doesn’t offer additional cover like a Registered Post. Speed Post generally takes 2-3 days to reach its destination. Conversely, the time frame for Registered Post is normally 2-5 days. Speed post sent and received only in urban areas. It can also be sent within different cities, whereas register post can be sent only through major post offices and received in most places. We cannot track online speed post, but we can track online registered post.
What is the Speed Post?
Speed post is the last mile door-to-door express delivery service by Parcels. This service is for delivery of papers or documents, parcels, and freight within more than 220 destinations worldwide. Customers can trace their documents, parcels, or freight online through our dedicated logistics website or service hotline. They provide the same delivery service to people but have different names. Whether small or bulky, urgent or multiple shipments, enjoy one flat fee with no hidden surcharges with speed post. Speed post is different from the normal post. As the normal post is concerned about the area, the speed post is on the house. And also it provides you tracking options so you can check where is your post now. It takes more money, but the time reduction and efficiency are better to respect money.
Characteristics of Speed Post
- Faster Service
- Money back guaranteed
- Pickup facility
- Contractual service
- Book now pay later scheme
- Proof of delivery
What is Registered Post?
Registered Post service gives a secure and reliable way to send items nationally or internationally, with proof of postage and a mark or signature on delivery to give you peace of mind. Registered Post charges depend upon the size and weight of the item you are posting and its destination. Check our postal rates for details.
Characteristics of Registered Post
- Proof the item was posted
- Proof of receipt with a signature, available online for deliveries in Ireland only
- Secure delivery to over 200 destinations worldwide
- Online tracking of Registered Post depending on the destination
- Insurance cover for valuable items
- Compensation if your item is not received
- Speed post is an address-specific service, in essence, the delivery of the article might be taken by the addressee or any other person also, at the address, while the registered post is addressee-specific, i.e., only the addressee is allowed to take the delivery of the article.
- Ordinary record keeping is done in case of a speed post whereas a special record keeping done in the case of the registered post along with an acknowledgment card that the recipient signs need at the time of delivery.
- Speed post is a very quick postal service that offers time-bound delivery of the post. As long as timely delivery of registered post is concerned, it is like an ordinary post in which the parcel gets registered, and safekeeping of the parcel maintained from the source to destination.
- Speed post is much faster as compared with the registered post.
- Speed post doesn’t give extra cover like a registered post.
- Speed post generally takes 2-3 days to reach at its destination, whereas the time frame for registered post is normally 2-5 days.
- The speed post service is available at an affordable price, while the rates of the registered post are comparatively high.
There are two things that make the difference among them i.e, their speed and security. If time is your main concern, then you may go for a speed post, but if you want to deliver something precious which is required to be taken care of, you better go for a registered post.