Table of Contents
The main difference between Print Media and Electronic Media is that Print Media is that means of mass communication through which information disseminated in printed form, and Electronic Media is one wherein electronic energy is employed to convey information to the audience.
Print Media vs. Electronic Media
Print media is more of ‘habit’ with people and remain serves to a sizable population. But electronic media provides a lot of choice to the people, particularly to the youth(GEN Y), the largest growing part of our population and more importantly, can maintain the pace at which the preferences and demands of the youth change. Print media is one of the earliest forms of media, and electronic media is a more advanced form of media. Print media inclines to retain its form, e.g., a book contains the same information throughout its life. Electronic media edited, e.g., people can edit information, videos, songs, texts, and then send to other viewers. Print media is slower than electronic media as printing newspaper, books, magazines, etc., takes a lot of time. Electronic media is much rapid than print media as writing and uploading a story that has occurred just a few moments ago may take only a few minutes. The reach of print media is narrow, e.g., it covers a particular region, city or state, etc. but the reach of electronic media is worldwide; it can send information across the world.
What is Print Media?
Print media is one of the elders or ancient means of disseminating information. It is a popular kind of advertising that uses physically printed media like newspapers, magazines, books, leaflets, brochures, etc. Print media can reach a wider section of people. It produced by printing, a procedure which reproduces text and images on paper using ink in a printing press. In short, it uses printing technology and ways to spread news, messages, information among the people.
Types of Print Media
- Newspapers: It states correct and authentic information in the form of news, articles, and advertisement in a regular manner, and attractively presents them to grab readers attention.
- Magazines: A magazine normally contains feature stories, interviews, interpretation, research, and analysis related content and generally emphasizes a particular topic such as fashion, automobiles, health, etc.
- Books: It comes in different sorts such as textbooks, storybooks, literature, etc.
What is Electronic Media?
Electronic media relates to all means of sharing information, except the print media, like radio, television, internet, etc. It is a media that shared on electronic devices for the audience viewing and broadcaster to the wider population. It is a strong version of media that has visual appeal and is more convincing as people can listen to the radio, see live pictures of events on television, can view or read text or images on smartphones, etc. Electronic media remains active 24X7. You can watch news channels at any time of the day to get news updates or can watch live programs or events on televisions, smartphones, etc.
- Print Media said as the means of mass communication, that is used to spread messages to the general public using printed publications, like newspapers, journals, magazines, books, and so on. Conversely, electronic media is the newly developed form of mass media, in which electronic devices or electronic energy used for the creation and dissemination of the news and information.
- In Print Media, there is always a deadline or time limit for the collection of news and any other information, as its publication remain due until that time. Compared to, in electronic media, there is no such time limit for the collection of news and information, as it updated at any time.
- The first and leading requirement, of the print media, is that the readers should be educated or literate, to understand the written content. On the other side, literacy is not the primary requirement in case of electronic media, because, it uses audio, video, images, etc. by which it is easy for the audience to understand the content, even if they educated.
- Print Media does not offer live discussion, while electronic media offers a feature of live programming, through which live discussion is possible.
- When it occurs to updating, print media is updated periodically, in the sense that newspapers are issued or published daily, while journals and magazines are issued weekly or monthly, etc. on the other hand, in electronic media, the news and information upgraded anytime.
- The reporting of print media is limited to a particular region, city, state, or country. Whereas, there is a worldwide reporting of electronic media.
- The language used in many forms of print-media is reader-friendly, i.e., the information provided in such a manner, which is readily understandable to the reader. On the side, in electronic media, that language is used to convey the message, which is known and understandable to a great portion of people.
In conclusion, Print media and Electronic media is proven useful or beneficial in implementing change in people’s habits, beliefs, and attitudes. It also gives people aware of different types of crimes and misconduct going on in society, in addition to it also helps people in getting updated about the many government policies and changes in the process.