The main difference between Picture and Photo is that the Picture is a visual representation of in the form of a painting, drawing, photograph, or another image. In contrast, the Photo is an image which we take with the help of a camera.
Picture vs. Photo
The word photo is the short form of “photograph,” which is a blend of two Greek words phôs (light) and graphê (drawing, writing). The use of this word started during the 19th century. As a verb, a picture means to represent a scene in a photograph or picture. Photo is also used as a verb in informal situations where it means to take a photo. A picture is a visual representation of in the form of a painting, drawing, photograph, or another image. Photo is an image which we take with the help of a camera.
The pronunciation of the word picture is /ˈpɪktʃə/. The photo is pronounced as “Fo-tow.” The word picture derived its origin from the Latin word “pictura,” meaning “painting.” Its first use is traced during the 15th century. A picture doesn’t need to be planted on a paper. It can be crafted, painted with colors, and the like. A photo, on the other hand, is a part of the paper or card. It is a card itself having different textures, prints, or visualizations on it.
A picture may be made by hand, drawing, or painting. A photo is necessarily made with a camera. It takes time to make a picture because t is drawn, or painted. It takes no time to take a photo because it is just captured with the help of a camera. The word picture has regular use, but its contracted form ‘pic’ has an informal usage. The original form of the word photo is ‘photograph,’ but it is contracted as ‘photo’ that has informal usage.
What is Picture?
This word picture is a noun as well as a verb. The noun picture means “a visual representation in painted, drawn, photographed form.” It can also be taken as an image. The verb picture means “to be represented in a photograph or picture.” The word picture derives from the Latin word “pictura,” meaning “painting.” Its first use is traced during the 15th century. As a verb, a picture means to represent a scene in a photograph or picture.
This word has a Latin origin from “pictūra,” meaning “art of painting, painting, movie.” The picture can be anything from a painting by an artist or a painter to a simple drawing by a kid. A picture is such an image where the colors/paints on a flat surface will look like an object. This object can be a landscape, a representation of imaginations, or a person.
The term picture refers to a drawing, painting, or photograph. The use of the word picture was recorded in the English language during the 15th century. It also indicates the cinema or a film. Another meaning that the picture holds is an impression formed from a description. The short form of a picture is “Pic,” but its use is informal.
- The little boy wanted to paint the picture of his mother.
- My friend is so fond of cats that she draws the picture of a cat.
- The girl is pictured with lambs in the painting.
- She tried to picture his reaction.
- My younger sister painted a beautiful picture of the scenery.
What is Photo?
This word photo is a blend of two Greek words phôs (light) and graphê (drawing, writing). It is called as a photograph, but this word is contracted as “photo.” The use of the word “photo” is more common nowadays. The word photograph was first recorded in the English language in 1839. It was coined by Sir John Herschel. The word Photo is a noun, but sometimes it is also used as a verb in informal situations. As a verb, it is the act of taking a photograph.”
The art of taking photos is known as photography, and the one doing it is called a photographer. Capturing a photo needs any camera with a lens. The photo is then embedded on a CCD, CMOS chip, or a photographic film. A photo can be a soft copy photo that can be seen on the mobile, computer, etc. ‘s screen. It is also common in the hard form where it is taken out on a card or paper. So this photo is tangible, whereas the former one is not. The hard copy of photos is created with light and digital imaging technology. It is so easy to take a photo that numerous photos can be created in a minute.
- My younger sister direly wanted to take a photo with her favorite singer.
- Please send me the photos of the sites which you are visiting.
- I don’t like to post my photos on Instagram or Facebook.
- You can edit your photo by the use of photoshop software.
- You are looking pretty. Let me take your photo.
- All the photos can be pictures; on the other hand, all the pictures are not photos.
- The picture is a visual representation of in the form of a painting, drawing, photograph, or another image in contrast photo is an image which we take with the help of a camera.
- The pronunciation of the word picture is /ˈpɪktʃə/ on the other hand; the photo is pronounced as “Fo-tow.”
- It takes time to make a picture; on the contrary, it takes less time to take a photo.
- The word picture derives from the Latin word “pictura,” meaning “painting” conversely; the word Photo is a blend of two Greek words phôs (light) and graphê (drawing, writing).
- The use of the word picture was first recorded during the 15thcentury; on the other side, the use of the word photo started during the 19th century.
- The word picture is contracted as “pic,” whereas the word photo is a contracted form of “photograph.”
- A picture may be made by hand, drawing, or painting, while a photo is always made with a camera.
- As a verb, a picture means to represent a scene in a photograph or picture inversely as a verb (informal) photo means to take a photo.
Picture and photo are the two similar concepts as both are the visual representation of scenery or a person. But both these terms are different from one another based on the way they are made.