The main difference between lipstick and lipgloss is that lipstick contains wax with antioxidants, oils, and emollients, and lip gloss is a soft or liquid gel, which does not contain wax.
Lipstick vs. Lip Gloss
Lipstick is a product of cosmetics that are applied to lips and contains wax with antioxidants, oils, and emollients. Lipgloss is also a cosmetic product used on lips, but it does not contain wax. Lipsticks are available in the market in a variety of textures. Most lipsticks are thickly made with a thick, creamy, and heavy texture. There are glossy, shiny, matte, silk, natural, lipstick textures. The texture of Gloss is moist, liquid, and light-weighted. Lipstick gives less shine and is less moist. A lipstick provides a dense, intense, and rich look to lips. Lip gloss gives a better shine and wet look to lips. Gloss makes you look younger-looking, seductive, and owner of shiny, gorgeous lips. Lipstick lasts for a long duration of time. Lip gloss is very momentary and needs to be applied again and again. Lipstick to hide the discoloration but highlights dryness and regular use of matte lipsticks can leave lips cracked. Lip gloss covers the dryness of lips but is unable to hide the discoloration. It never cracks the lips. Lipstick is a stick or rarely in liquid, tube or pot and wand form. Lip gloss is available in a pot and wand to apply also tube sometimes. Lipstick has richer color pigment and comes in all sorts of finishes, like as matte, creamy and frosted. However, lip gloss is not as richly colored like a lipstick. Some of the common lip gloss variations are sheer and opaque, creamy, sparkling, and high shine.
What is Lipstick?
Lipstick is among cosmetic products, which is a big necessity for females to enhance their look and make them look gorgeous. A Lipstick is a crayon-like oil-based cosmetic used for coloring the lips. It is contained in a tubular container. Lipsticks are long-lasting, and they are not easy to apply anytime, anywhere. Lipsticks are not usually moist, and they tend to dry the lips. The biggest advantage of lipstick is to hide the discoloration of the lips and to make them look denser and glowy. The lipstick came into existence more than 5000 years ago. Since then, there have been inventions, evolution, and developments of lipsticks. There was a time when the lip cosmetics and coloring was banned and prostitute centric. Today, lipstick is not just a bundle of chemicals but protection and charm, adding the source in a woman’s apparition. The lipstick comes in lots of different textures. It is great at providing a dense, rich color that can last all day and night.
Varieties of Lipsticks
- Matt: It provides a flat color and is great if you are after a long-lasting look. It can make lips a little dry, but it is a good choice for those with big lips who want to showcase and flatter their pout.
- Creamy: Creamy lipsticks give a shiny look. They come in very true colors and are the best formulations for those prone to dry lips.
- Frosted: Frosted lipsticks usually come packed with shimmer. They are perfect for creating a fuller pout when used with a dab of clear gloss in the center of your lips.
What is Lip Gloss?
Lip gloss is a famous lip product that does not contain wax. It is highly pigmented, opaque, smooth, and gloss is a glossy lip color, used with a built-in lip brush. Lip glosses are preferable by women during the night time or in parties, when they want to enhance their smoky eye makeup with shiny lips. Although, you can not create different shades by applying one color over the other to get the necessary or ideal shade in case of a lip gloss as you do in the case of lipstick. Lip gloss leaves a wet and moist effect on the lips. Hence, it can be a good cure to dry lips. Due to their slippery texture, lipgloss tends to wear off quickly and is needed to apply again and again. It is shiningly luscious and tempting, and so does it name reveals “lip gloss.” It is the best tool to enhance the lips and makes you look younger, seductive, and owner of shiny, gorgeous lips. Lip gloss comes in many kinds of packages, such as pots, tubes, and wands, which make them the perfect choice to carry around in your handbag.
Types of lip gloss
- High Shine Lip Gloss: It does what its name says and is almost like wearing a wet color.
- Creamy Lip Gloss: It has the dense color of a lipstick but with the creamer, slicker, feel that only a lip gloss can provide.
- Sheer and Opaque Lip Gloss: It provides just a hint of color and lots of shine.
- Sparkling Lip Gloss: It comes in glitter-infused varieties and is a perfect choice for parties.
- Lipstick contains wax with antioxidants, oils, and emollients, whereas lipgloss does not contain wax.
- Lipstick gives a fuller coverage to the lips; on the contrary, a lip gloss does not. It is sheerer than a lipstick.
- Lipstick is used to hide the discoloration of lips. Conversely, lipgloss is used to hide their dryness.
- Lipsticks have a thick, creamy and heavy texture on the other hand texture of lip gloss is moist, liquid, and light-weighted.
- Lipstick gives less shine and is less moist while lip gloss gives a better shine and wet look to lips.
Both lipstick and lip gloss are cosmetic products which are applied on the lips. Both have a different texture, look, and color.