The main difference between Juicer and Blender is that the Juicer used to extract juice from the fruits/vegetables, whereas Blender liquefies fruits and vegetables that put into it.
Juicer vs. Blender
A juicer is a kitchen appliance used to extract juice from fruits and vegetables. A blender is a kitchen appliance that liquefies fruits and vegetables put into it. In the juicer, vegetables and fruits, etc. are fed into the machine, and the juice extracted out collecting the pulp/seeds/peel inside. In the blender, fruits and vegetables are evenly crushed with sharp blades that are spinning at high speed.
In the juicer, the fruits/vegetables minutely chopped, and the pulp separated from the juice. The juice is taken into a pot, and the flesh wasted. In the blender, the pulp of fruit/vegetable is crushed along with the juice. Juicer cleans the juice deprived of any pulp or fibers. The blender does not separate anything like peels, seeds, pith, and flesh. As a result, the end product of the juicer contains fewer fibers, whereas the end product of the blender is full of fibers.
The capacity of a juicer is not specified; rather, it depends on the container that receives the juice extracting from it. The blender is in the form of the jug with varying sizes. It usually has a capacity of 4-8 cups. Juicer used for items with high water content. It is not useful for items with less water content, e.g., avocado, tomato, or banana, etc. Blender always rotates when some water added in it along with the vegetable/fruit; otherwise, it does not.
What is Juicer?
A juicer is one of the very useful kitchen appliances. It used to extract juice from vegetables and fruits. There are certain benefits of the juicer as it makes a large amount of highly concentrated juices. The intake of that juice instantly gives energy as the nutrients are quickly absorbed. Juicing is better for people needing low-fiber diets. Some of the cons of juicers are; it cannot typically add any ingredients other than fruits/vegetables. The cleaning of juicer is difficult because it has many parts, and most of them not suited with hand dishwasher. It wastes food. Different of juicers have different price ranges. A centrifugal juicer is about $70 – $150, masticating juicers cost several hundred dollars.
Juicers have two centrifugal and masticating juicers. Centrifugal juicers extract the juice with the help of a spinning metal blade that brings the items against a strainer. The juice then extracted into the container outside—the pulp left as a residue inside a special chamber in the juicer that disposed of. The capacity of a juicer is not specified; rather, it depends on the container that receives the juice extracting from it. Juicer used for items with high water content. It is not useful for items with less water content, e.g., avocado, tomato, or banana, etc. The masticating juicer gives nutrition-packed juice. It just presses and crushes the ingredients to extract the juice out of them. The juicing time is longer in them than centrifugal juicers, but they retain all the vitamins and minerals. Types of juicers are cold-press (masticating) juicers, centrifugal juicers, hand-crank juicers, and twin-gear (triturating) juicers.
What is Blender?
A blender is a handy kitchen appliance that mostly used regularly. It has multiple uses. It can make smoothies, milkshakes, lassi, and many other drinks. It is also used to extract butter from the cream and even for slicing and chopping purposes. A blender starts working when a blade in it rotates as soon as the electric connection is maintained. It crushes everything put into it, forming thick liquid. According to the type, blenders might have different bases as plastic or metal. The pitcher or jar also varies as glass or plastic jars.
The pros of blending is that it makes the perfect thick and creamy smoothies. The fiber is not removed from the items in a blender. It can process various ingredients, such as milk, yogurt, butter, flax/chia seeds, etc. Less food wasted in it, and it is easy to clean or wash. Moreover, blenders are available in affordable ranges in the market. There are some cons of the blender as it does not produce juice, and it takes longer to drink the thing processed in a blender. Types of the blender are standard blender, single-serve blender, immersion or hand blender, high-powered blender, and countertop blender.
- A juicer used to extract juice from the fruits and vegetables, whereas a blender used to chop the fruits and vegetables until they are liquefied.
- The use of juicer is limited as it can only extract the juice; on the other hand, a blender used for various purposes.
- The cleaning of juicer is time-taking as it contains many parts along with the residue of fruits/plants; contrarily, the cleaning of blender is easy as it has fewer parts.
- In the juicer, all the ingredients fed into the machine, and the juice is extracted out collecting the pulp/seeds/peel inside; conversely, in the blender, fruits and vegetables are evenly crushed with sharp blades that are spinning at high speed.
- The capacity of a juicer depends on the container that receives the juice extracting from it; on the converse, the blender usually has the capacity of 4-8 cups.
- Juicer cleans the juice deprived of any pulp or fibers; inversely, the blender does not separate anything like peels, seeds, pith, and flesh.
- The end product of juicer contains less fiber; on the contrary, the end product of the blender is full of fibers.
- In the juicer, the juice is taken out, and the pulp is wasted; on the flip side, the pulp is not wasted; it is crushed with the juice.
- Juicer is used for the items with high water content; on the contrary, the blender only works when some water added in it along with the vegetable/fruit; otherwise, it does not.
- Juicers are more expensive; in contrast, blenders are more affordable.
Juicer and Blender are the two similar kitchen appliances. Both are very much useful but are different from each other based on how they operate and function. Both are designed differently, and the purpose of each is also different from the other.