Judaism is one of the most ancient monotheistic religion, whose followers are called Jews and they follow the revealed book Torah as their foundational text. On the other hand, Christianity is the world’s largest religion, they preacher following it are called Christians and they are the followers of Jesus Christ and book Bible.
What is Christianity?
Founder of Christianity is the Lord Jesus Christ. Jesus family generally follow the Jewish customs and traditions and Jesus fluently quoted the Hebrew Bible. Followers of Jesus believed that he is Messiah, which is predicted in the Jewish Bible. Christians thinks that Jesus has fulfilled God’s promises and had ushered in the way to a new relationship with God .Christianity originated in the Roman province of Judea. Their places of worships are well known as Church, Chapel, cathedral, basilica, home hible study. They practice prayers, sacraments, reading of Bible, and acts of Charity. They belief the Eternity of Heaven and Hell after Death.
What is Judaism?
Basically Judaism is a religion out of which Christianity was created (Jesus was himself Jewish).Judaism is one of the oldest religion dating back up to 2000 years BC. It is from the time when God first call Abraham to leave his home and follow Him. Judaism was born from the Levant Judaism follow to pray 3 times daily, with an additional fourth prayer added on Shabbat and Holidays, Shacarit prayer in the morning, Mincha in the afternoon, Arvit at night; Musaf is also an extra Shabbat prayer.
- Christians follow the Holy book named as “Bible” while the Jewish use to follow “Tanakh (Jewish Bible) and Torah which basically includes Bible.
- Christian’s means of salvation is through Christ’s passion, Death and Resurrection, while Jewish belief In God, Good deeds and have complete Faith.
- Christianity fully consists of individuals who directly belief on the Jesus Christ on the other hand Jews follow the Abraham who created Judaism and his descendants of Issac and Jacob.
- Christian’s belief about God is properly that of Father, Son and the Holy Spirit While, Jewish believes that God is one true creator. God has always existed, Non existed before Him and will remain forever.
- Eternity in Heaven and Hell is the strong belief of Christians after death on the other hand, Jewish have concept of World to come Reincarnation into some groups, unifying with God and other opinions.