Volusion and Shopify are two most popular eCommerce platforms that enables the retailers to build their online store and sells easily. As the purpose of both is same and that is to enables the online sellers to create and maintain their online store, however, both services are being provided by different companies so the main difference arises on the basis of store price and plus basic and additional features.
What is Volusion?
Volusion is an eCommerce website builder that enables the online retailers and seller to create, maintain and run their own online shopping cart. It features store builder, designing, marketing, eCommerce, secure hosting, built-in SEO, free slideshow, Android integration, easy editor, customizable storefront design, multiple navigation style, logo and featured products and around 900+ additional designing and marketing tools. Volusion offers various high quality free and premium design templates to build your store in such a way as you want. By using Volusion, you will get a great looking, hassle-free eCommerce site. This allow the retailers to customize the default templates and setting at any time. Volusion has four plans: Mini @ $15/month, Plus @ $35/mo, Pro @ $75/mo, and Premium @ $135/mo. All plans have unlimited storage option but different products, social media, and maintenance facilities.
What is Shopify?
Shopify is also a eCommerce and store builder platform that allows the retailers and sellers to sell their products online by building their online store with the store builder features of Shopify. It was launched in 2004 and according to Shopify, it has 165,000 online store owners at present. With the help of Shopify, willing sellers can create their online store easily or they can add eCommerce features to an existing site as well. It allows the setting of shop at events, pop-up and other features in a retail store. Features of Shopify includes: 100+ professional themes, HTML and CSS editing option, mobile commerce, own domain name, web-based website builder, full blogging platform, secure shopping cart, automatic carrier shipping rates, and many more. Shopify has three payment plans: Basic @ $29/mo, Professional @ $79/mo, and Unlimited @ $179/mo.
- Volusion was established in 1999 while Shopify was established in 2004, so Volusion has five years more experience as compare to Shopify.
- Shopify has over 165,000 store owners at present while Volusion has over 60,000 store owners at present.
- Real-time carrier shipping option is not available in Volusion while it is being provided by Shopify.
- Shopify has unlimited bandwidth while Volusion has limited bandwidth.
- Shopify offers the hosting of Rackspace while Volusion has own in-house data center.
- Credit card fee charge of Shopify is 2.9% + 30 cents per transaction while Volusion has one plan and that is 2.17% transaction.
- Volusion has four payment plans: Mini @ $15/month, Plus @ $35/mo, Pro @ $75/mo, and Premium @ $135/mo. Shopify has three payment plans: Basic @ $29/mo, Professional @ $79/mo, and Unlimited @ $179/mo.
- Store development feature of Volusion are more advanced and in high range as comparison to Shopify.