Both the Universities are in top ten categories of best Universities but the main difference is Harvard University is private Ivy League University and Oxford University is a Public University.
Harvard University is situated in Cambridge, Massachusetts, in the United States. It was recognized in the year 1636 by Massachusetts league. Harvard is the oldest institute of higher learning in the United States. Due to the history, wealth and influence of Harvard, the University is considered as one of the utmost prestigious Universities in the world. It is the Private Ivy League University. The interesting thing is that the University name is allocated on the name of its founder John Harvard. Harvard University only admits 1650 number of student per year. The University of Harvard has a tremendous rapport all over the world. Although due to Private, the tuition fee is higher which everybody cannot bear. Harvard University has the honor ofholding 80 libraries with the above 15 million volumes on different subjects.
The University of Oxford is located in Oxford, England and is Public sector University. It is the second highest older University. The foundation date is not known. For undergraduate program, University of Oxford is highly preferable. The University has the honor of holding 100 libraries out of 40 of these libraries comprises of 11 million volumes on different subjects. Both the universities are no doubt famous so it is pretty difficult to rank them. There is a little bit difference of Oxford’s tuition fee as compared to Harvard University which is relatively high. Many famous celebrity and millionaire completed their education from Oxford University.
- The University of Harvard is Private Ivy League while the University of Oxford belongs to Public sector.
- The University of Harvard is better for research and graduate programs while the University of Oxford more emphasize on the undergraduate program.
- The University of Harvard has the honor of 80 libraries only while the University of Oxford has the honor of 100 libraries.
- The University of Harvard is better for those students who want to study liberal arts while the University of Oxford is better for those students who have interest to study Economics.
- State does not provide subsidy to Harvard University as it is private while State provides subsidy to the University of Oxford.