Two prevalent prepaid phone carriers are Tracfone and Net10. Tracfone is a widespread wireless company that deals with no-contract cell phone plans. In fact, Tracfone is the most popular no-contract wireless provider in the country. Like other no-contract cell phone plans, you are never disciplined or charged for breaching a contract. Net 10 Wireless also offers no-contract cell phone plans. They do everything possible to make their plans reasonable for their customers.
What is Net 10?
NET10 Wireless, a prepaid mobile phone brand of TracFone Wireless, the U.S. MVNO subsidiary of América Móvil.
What is Tracfone?
TracFone Wireless, Inc. is a prepaid wireless service benefactor in the United States, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands. TracFone Wireless is a subsidiary of Mexico’s largest telecommunications company América Móvil and offers products and services under multiple brands which include TracFone, NET10 Wireless, Total Wireless, Straight Talk, SafeLink Wireless, Telcel América, Simple Mobile, and Page Plus Cellular. TracFone Wireless runs as a mobile virtual network operator (MVNO), holding agreements with the United States’ largest wireless network operators to provide service using their networks, including Verizon Wireless, AT&T Mobility, T-Mobile US, Sprint Corporation, and U.S. Cellular.
- Tracfone calling cards are presented in the following denominations: $9.99 for 30 minutes, $20 for 60 minutes, $30 for 120 minutes, $40 for 200 minutes, and $99.99 for 400 minutes. Whereas Net10 calling cards come in only three quantities: $30 for 300 minutes, $60 for 600 minutes, and $100 for 1,000 minutes.
- The greatest benefit of Net10 is its inexpensive, $.10-per-minute rate and easy-to-understand calling card system (all cards cost $.10 per minute). Whereas, Tracfone has a different benefit: its card gives you double minutes for the life of your phone.
- Tracfone offers the bottommost monthly rate possible for your phone whereas Net 10 offers the best per minute rate possible.
- With most TracFone airtime cards your service time gets extended 90 days, but with Net10 airtime cards your service time gets long as little as 30 days and as long as 180 days. You typically get more service days per dollar spent with TracFone than with Net10.
- Tracfone phones have a text message rate of 0.3 minutes (some are 0.5). Net10 is 0.5 minutes on all phones.
- You cannot use TracFone airtime cards with a Net10 phone, and you a cannot use Net10 airtime cards with a Tracfone phone.
- The cost in tracfone depends on the usage, whereas in net 10 the cost is fixed.
- Tracfone Pay as you Go Cellular and now Net10 have the difference of being the only Prepaid Cell phone companies to bid a phone in every Zip Code in the United States.