Illustrator is a vector crafting scheme that is mostly used to form illustrations, cartoons, diagrams, charts and logos.Adobe Fireworks is a bitmap and vector graphic editor.Fireworks isn’t an original Adobe artifact; it was merely obtained from Macromedia, while Illustrator, on the other hand, is quite and Adobe pet project.
What is Illustrator?
Illustrator is a vector crafting scheme that is mostly used to form illustrations, cartoons, diagrams, charts and logos. Unlike bitmap images that basically built to store information in a grid of dots, Illustrator utilizes mathematical equations to craft the shapes. This factor makes graphics scalable without the loss of resolution.Illustrator is generally used to designing logos, drawing maps, drawing illustrations, infographics, photorealistic drawings, packaging design and much more. These are merely a few samples to demonstrate the capability of Illustrator. If you ever work in Photoshop, you can bring your illustrations into Photoshop and improve it. This is how professionals usually do it.
What is Fireworks?
Adobe Fireworks is a bitmap and vector graphic editor. It is developed for web designers for quickly crafting website prototypes and application interfaces. Fireworks supplies web designers with a lightweight, graphics for their WebPages without getting profound code or lost in the midst of a variety of color palettes, and smoothly incorporate with Photoshop, Illustrator, and Dreamweaver.Fireworks supports guides, horizontal or vertical lines which work like an actual-world ruler to assist drawing, content placement and image composition. Users are allowed to place one or more guides on the image whenever they like to and use it as a visual aid. Fireworks was originated, especially, for web production. Fireworks can also export images for you to multiple file formats including PNG, JPEG, GIF, Animated GIF, TIFF, SWF, BMP, WBMP and PDF.
- Fireworks isn’t an original Adobe artifact; it was merely obtained from Macromedia, while Illustrator, on the other hand, is quite and Adobe pet project.
- Fireworks started recently as compared to Illustrator which got development much earlier.
- Illustrator is considered to be complicated while Fireworks is said to be more user friendly and easy to use.
- In terms of amount of editions, Illustrator trumps Fireworks. The latest Illustrator invention is already the 14th generation.
- Fireworks associates well with previous Macromedia products.