The difference between Heat Rashes and Allergic Reaction is that Heat rashes are common during warm weather where the sweat production is more and sweat ducts can get easily obstructed. While on the other hand, an allergic reaction is an immune-mediated reaction to a harmless external agent.
Heat Rash vs. Allergic Reaction
Both the skin diseases are not easily diagnosed by the common people as in both the situations the affected area mostly gets red and a continuous itching takes place. Heat Rash mainly happens during hot, humid weather, when the sweat glands got blocked primarily due to tight clothing or extreme heat in the summer. The infants and obese people are mostly among those affected with heat rash. Allergic Reaction is the hypersensitivity of the immune system to something in the environment that usually causes little or no problem in most people. The immune system gets triggered as the thing or substance affecting is perceived as a foreigner by the system.
|Basis||Heat Rash||Allergic Reaction|
|Cause||Caused by the obstruction in the sweat ducts.||Occurs due to the hypersensitivity of the immune system to something in the environment.|
|Appearance||Itchy tiny red dots appear on the affected skin.||Skin gets itchy with pale red patches on it.|
|Treatment||It can be dealt with proper hygiene, wearing loose clothes or applying rash cream on the affected skin.||The affected one needs to intake or apply steroids, anti biotic drugs and antihistamines for short time.|
What is Heat Rash?
Heat Rash is a skin condition when sweat ducts are obstructed mainly due to the warm weather. People are of the strong opinion that heat rash only takes place in extreme summer, though it can even affect the skin in winters if one wears tight dress or goes on long journeys while sitting in congested condition. Heat Rash is also known as prickly heat and miliaria, the infants are mostly affected with this condition, while obese and elder people are the other two suffering from this skin condition. This skin condition at primarily stage can easily be dealt with wearing loose clothing and applying heat rashes cream. The other precaution is to remain away from the hot and humid weather until the condition gets good.
What is Allergic Reaction?
Allergic Reaction is a skin condition which happens due to the hypersensitivity of the immune system to something in the environment that usually causes little or no problem in most people. The affected person is asked to stay away from the factor which he or she is allergic to. Steroids, anti bio tics and antihistamines are used for the short course by the affected to get back in healthy condition. In Allergic reaction immune system gets collapsed somehow and certain factor recognized as ‘invader’ is not perceived well by the body. For Instance, eating peanuts causes no problem to most of the people though one suffering from this kind of allergy will have the reaction of it on skin.
Heat Rash vs. Allergic Reaction
- Heat Rash is caused by the obstruction in the sweat ducts while allergic reaction occurs due to the hypersensitivity of the immune system to something in the environment that usually causes little or no problem in most people.
- In Heat Rash itchy tiny red dots appear on the affected skin, while in allergic reaction skin gets itchy with pale red patches on it.
- Heat Rash is not infectious if dealt appropriately at the primary stage, though Allergic Reactions led to anaphylactic shock.
- It takes hours to days and certain factors for heat reaction to appear on skin, while allergic reaction can appear in several minutes after the ‘invader’ intervened.
- Heat Rash can be dealt with proper hygiene, wearing loose clothes or applying rash cream on the affected skin, whereas in Allergic reaction the affected one needs to intake steroids, anti biotic drugs and antihistamines for short time.