The two terms are usually confused with each other as similar, and that is true in most cases, especially when it comes to daily spoken language. The main difference between them can be explained by the World Health Organization which defines health as a state in which a person is completely well from all the aspects such as mental, physical and social states and is not just the disease and illness. While the term Wellness is defined as the state in which a person is able to realize their own abilities and can cope with factors which can disturb it.
This term can be defined as a state in which a person is free from any disease or illness and has no apparent physical or mental injury. Elaborating on the term more, it can be said that health is the ability of a human being to adapt to different conditions. A person should have the power of facing physical and mental stress and the changes which are taking place around them. The world health organization explain the term even more as a state in which a person is completely well from all the aspects such as mental, physical and social states and is not just the disease and illness. When the social side of the things is involved than many issues such as having a good income and social status, having a good education and health insurance, getting proper jobs and favorable environment for working, personal health, cultural harmony, and many other things constitute in defining the world health. It is imperative for a person to feel healthy. Therefore most doctors suggest people not just to stay fit but to adopt a healthy lifestyle. This is important because if one side of the things is suffering, then all the others will be affected. Similarly, if one person is not able to give their 100%, then all the other members and individuals associated with them will have to deal with it. Staying away from drugs, having quality food, getting yourself regularly checked up, going out for a walk on a daily basis and making sure you are mentally relaxed all the time are the main focuses in health.
This is a term which is usually confused with health but in hindsight is different from it. It is therefore defined as the state in which a person is mentally and physically in a safe state. It does not only have to do with diseases but is a term which indicates that a person slowly and gradually is able to reach their full potential if they keep all the factors around them in good shape. It is a process of dynamic growth where being free from illness is just a small portion. It can be said that when a person or group is well that will mean they are in an active state of mind and when they will be in a negative state of mind the term will be low well-being. It also includes education, where a person who is getting a good education and has proper facilities to learn will be the one who is well. If we more on to the materialistic things then a person who is rich or has more money within a group will be considered having wellness, which can also be taken as well-off. In other terms, it can also be a word which is used for a person that is able to attain more knowledge or has more potential to learn about new things. It is important for a person to feel well in all cases because there are many things associated with them and their wellness that can affect others around them. According to WHO, it is the state in which a person is able to realize their own abilities and can cope with factors which can disturb it.
- The term health means that both mental and physical factors of a person are perfect while wellbeing mostly has to do with the mental state of a person.
- The term health deals with the absence of diseases and injuries to a person while the term wellness deals with the psychological state and its betterment in a person.
- Health is the state in which a person achieves full recovery from a disease and gradually becomes fit while the term wellness is the general scenario in which a person reaches their full potential.
- According to World Health Organization health is a state in which a person is completely well from all the aspects such as mental, physical and social states and is not just the disease and illness.
- According to the World Health Organization Wellness is the state in which a person is able to realize their own abilities and can cope with factors which can disturb it.
- Health can be termed as wellness, but wellness cannot be termed as health.