The main difference between Contemporary Art and Traditional Art is that Contemporary Art points out the current art, whereas Traditional Art shows the past culture and standards.
Contemporary Art vs. Traditional Art
Contemporary Art displays new feelings and ideas about the nature of materials and functions of art. Traditional Art is the relevancy of past events. Contemporary art uses several subjects. A thing that we made like 100 years ago it would be traditional art. Contemporary art is the art of today. Traditional Art uses several cultures and materials to show its own culture and tradition.
Contemporary Art is the display of delighted work. Traditional Art is the artwork for a particular community or a group. Contemporary Art does not focuses on a specific group, as it encompasses wide varieties of the subject. Traditional Art focuses on bringing changes in society. Traditional Art focuses on displaying the ways of living of past people to current generations.
What is Contemporary Art?
We see Contemporary Art more social when we compare it to any other past era. Many Contemporary artists mostly display and express their remarks on existing society. It uses new technologies to create a new role in society. Contemporary Art uses abstract ideas to represent the art. This art has a wide variety of styles as impressionism, post-impressionism, fauvism, cubism, expressionism, dadaism, realism, and pop work, etc.
All these movements have a massive effect on modernism, African art, Asian art, and many others. Contemporary Artists uses videos and latest technologies to highlight social factors. They also use previous images to highlight the new artwork. This art introduced in 1960 and flowing to until now. It is the recreation of a created object through artwork.
Contemporary Art set the question to its viewers, ‘is the work good?’ and ‘is the work tasteful or delightful?’ In this art, we can get the extreme delight from the previously completed work. This art is helpful for feminism, multiculturalism, globalization, bioengineering, and AIDS movements. Jeff Jones, Andy Warhol, Takashi Murakami are famous contemporary artists.
Tablets, laptops, computers live elements, performances, and three-dimensional technologies are some prominent types of Contemporary Art.
Pen, Markers, Brush, Clay wheel, Plasters, Potters, Palette knife
What is Traditional Art?
Traditional Art is the artistic movement passed from one generation to another by family and community. Traditional Art techniques are Traditional painting and drawing methods. Paintings are very prominent forms of Traditional Art. Traditional Art also uses different material but not media material to represent any Art.
Various artists use different materials for this type of art. In examples of Traditional Art, there are drawings of architectural buildings, like churches display religious faith. Japanese artist’s use of past woodblock print presents their old methods of art.
Paintings, Sculptures, Printmaking, Drawings, Music, Dance, Crafts, Weaving, Embroidery, Jewelry
- Contemporary Art comes to represent reality or realism, whereas Traditional Art comes to represent the traditions of the past.
- Contemporary Art shows to experiment with a new and different way of seeing and with fresh thoughts; on the other hand, Traditional Art shows reality through narrative.
- Contemporary artworks come in the 1970s conversely Traditional artworks come between 1980s-1970s.
- Contemporary Art is used to highlighting particular problems of any relative matter of present age, on the flip side Traditional Art highlight the past generation’s lifestyle, ideas, and faiths.
- Contemporary Art has grown through the society, institutions, and galleries; on the other hand, Traditional Art does not use materialistic thoughts.
- Contemporary Art focuses on a person, while Traditional Art focuses on the information of a group.
- Contemporary Art is the display of all societies, whereas Traditional Art is the display of special culture and norms.
Traditional and Contemporary art are two precisely different art era’s. Contemporary and traditional art, both are an important part of our society. Both have a high value to represent our past and our today.