The difference between bullying and teasing is that bullying means to hurt or harm someone seriously whereas teasing means to be playful with someone but it can also hurt sometimes.
Bullying vs Teasing
People think that bullying and teasing is one term, but there is a lot of difference between bullying and teasing, bullying is a hard term, that means to harm someone seriously, and teasing means to be playful with someone to have fun. When you bully someone, you always intended to hurt that person, but teasing does not always determined to harm someone. Teasing in a wrong way or harmful way leads to bullying. When you enter high school these two things that are bullying and teasing mostly happens to you. What you need to do is you need to understand the difference between them. We need to know that there are three ways in which teasing and bullying differ. Teasing is just for one time and when teasing is repeated it becomes bullying. A student in college has the intention to thread any student, again and again, makes the case of bullying. Bullying sometimes gets that wrong that student even commits suicide. Bullying is a kind of harassment. Harassment may include physically hurting or threatening someone.
What is Bullying?
Bullying means to hurt and harm someone emotionally and physically. Bullying is also known as harassment. Bullying can happen to anyone and anywhere. There are two types of bullying that are:
- Emotional Bullying: Emotional bullying includes calling someone’s name for making fun of that person, making fun of his or her things like the way he or she talks, walk or behave. Emotional bullying also includes spreading wrong rumors about that person, and the most important thing is making that person feel that he or she is not right the way he or she is. Threatening that person also comes in emotional bullying.
- Physical Bullying: After emotional bullying, next is physical bullying. Physical bullying is even worse than emotional bullying. Physical harassment includes fighting with that person, making him feel less powerful than you. Pushing him or her or hitting.
- Cyber Bullying: Harassing anyone on social media is called cyberbullying. Messaging that person on social media sites such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter in the wrong way is known as cyberbullying. Using his or her pictures in the wrong way is also known as cyberbullying.
What is Teasing?
Teasing means to provoke someone playfully. Teasing is very common in teenagers. They tease each other but do not intend to hurt anyone. If teasing gets repeated, it becomes bullying and bullying is not acceptable. Friends that are close to each other usually tease each other to have a good and fun time. Teasing is a social interaction that can be friendly, or harmful. If it is done in a fun way, it will always be positive. Teasing can also be helpful in many regards as it helps kids to grow and understand things better. Now if we talk about types of teasing there are two types of teasing i.e, endearment teasing and influence teasing.
- Bullying means to hurt or harm someone seriously. Teasing means to be playful with someone, but it can also hurt sometimes.
- Bullying is repeated again and again. Teasing is not repeated.
- Bullying is done with evil intentions whereas teasing is not done in evil intentions.
- A person who is more potent than you bully you. A person who is more potent than you intimidate