Table of Contents
The main difference between white popcorn and yellow popcorn is that white popcorn is popped from small kernels, whereas yellow popcorn is popped from medium to large kernels.
White Popcorn Vs. Yellow Popcorn
Popcorn is loved by everyone. It is an ideal snack and is cheap and easy to make. People love to eat popcorn while watching movies, whether in the comfort of their homes or movie theaters. It is a healthy and delicious snack. The most common types of it are white popcorn and yellow popcorn. At first look, the main difference between them is the color of the kernels. White popcorn has a white in color. On the other hand, yellow popcorn has a yellow color. White Popcorn is of mushroom-like form. On the flip side, yellow popcorn is fluffy when popped, like butterflies or snowflakes. White Popcorn contains less butter and thus are lower in fat and sodium. While, yellow popcorn generally has more butter and other flavorings than white popcorn, which adds to its color and also to its fat and sodium. When the white popcorn pops, it becomes 40 times larger than its kernel size. Whereas, when yellow popcorn is popped, it grows to 46 times than the original size of the kernel. The white popcorn has slightly higher calories than the yellow popcorns, but this difference is minimal. The yellow and white popcorn contains the same amount of protein and fat.
What is White Popcorn?
The white popcorns are white in color and are popped out from small kernels. It becomes slightly crunchy after popping. This is the type of popcorn which is usually eaten with a little butter or salt. It mostly retains its original flavor and white color even after the addition of small amounts of flavoring. There are many people who consider it to be the healthiest type of popcorn and prefer this type of popcorn over other varieties. But it is less used economically because it costs much than the other types of popcorns. People who want to gain energy can eat this type of popcorn because it has high calories than the other varieties of popcorns.
What is Yellow Popcorn?
The yellow popcorn includes approximately 99% of the popcorns grown. The movie theater popcorn uses the yellow variety because they pop bigger than the white popcorn and looks enticing and attractive in the popcorn machine. It is easier to harvest and grow because it’s per acre yield is twice much than the yield of white popcorn. This is the reason that it is the commercially available popcorn. The yellow popcorn has more fiber content than white popcorn. Because of a few calories, it is one of the most favorite choices for people who want to eat a snack but yet not want to gain weight. Moreover, yellow popcorn contains carotene, which is the reason for its yellow color and is also known as a good source of vitamin A.
- Popcorn that is popped from small kernels is known as white popcorn, whereas, popcorn that is popped from medium to large kernels is known as yellow popcorn.
- White popcorn is also called as rice popcorn, while, yellow popcorn has no other name.
- White popcorn has white color; on the other hand, yellow popcorn has a yellow color.
- When the white popcorn pops, it becomes 40 times larger than its kernel size; conversely, when yellow popcorn is popped, it grows to 46 times than the original size of the kernel.
- White Popcorn is of mushroom-like form, on the flip side, yellow popcorn is fluffy when popped, like butterflies or snowflakes.
- The white kernels are shaped quite like rice granules, while, yellow kernels are round in shape just like pearls.
- White popcorn has a subtly sweet taste; on the other hand, yellow popcorns tend to have a slight corn taste.
- White Popcorn contains less butter, whereas yellow popcorn generally has more butter and other flavorings.
- White popcorn has low fat and sodium, on the flip side, yellow popcorn has more fat and sodium than the white popcorn.
- White popcorn has higher calories. Conversely, yellow popcorn has calories slightly lower than the white popcorn.
- White popcorn is economically less used because it has a high cost than other varieties of popcorns; on the other hand, yellow popcorn is most economically used popcorn because it is cheap than other varieties of popcorns.
From the above discussion, it is summarized that yellow popcorn has more benefits than white popcorn both economically and healthwise.