The main difference between tequila and vodka is that tequila is made from blue agave while vodka is made from any sugar or starch rich plant.
What is Tequila?
Tequila is the name of distilled beverage and the name of a particular drink. It is made from the special desert plant called blue agave that is mostly found in the city of Tequila and for the same reason this drink is named as Tequila. To much extent, its flavor is just like the flavor of mezcal but modern day Tequila that contains more ingredients in different ratio used only regionally produced blue agave that’s why offers unique taste as compared to the mezcal. In various regions of the world, it is served in different methods. In Mexico, it is served in neat form only while in the rest part of the word it is served with salt and lime. According to Mexican laws, it is not allowed to be produced in other countries, and the few Mexican companies govern its production. That’s why it is treated as Mexican product and is its protection is protected through NAFTA in the United States and Canada. What makes Tequila different from other distilled beverages is that its fermentation process does not involve human interfere at all.
What is Vodka?
Vodka is a king of distilled beverage made of ethanol and water and also contains some impurities and other artificial flavors as well. In most of the world, it is made of the potatoes or another kind of cereal grains that have been fermented properly in order. Most of the modern Vodka brands of today use several other ingredients in the shape of sugar or fruits as well. In most of the world, it is traditionally taken in neat form and is not mixed with ice, water or any other mixture. In some areas in this often served as chilled beverages and used in cocktails and even with other mixed drinks like a vodka tonic, vodka martini, or black and white Russian drinks. Most of the vodkas are found unflavored and but now flavored vodkas are being produced as well in the traditional drinking areas. For flavoring purpose, fruit flavors, red peppers, ginger, chocolate and some other sweetener are used. In most of the countries, it is flavored with honey and pepper, and in some countries, bison grass is added to produce zubrovka and zubrowka vodka.
- Tequila has a much more varied taste while vodka won’t taste like anything.
- Vodka is just water and alcohol and smells like isopropyl alcohol while tequila is made out of agave and tastes a lot different.
- Tequila distilled in the adjacent places of the city of Tequila and Jalisco while vodka originated in Russia in the 15th
- Vodka has only one form while tequila is distilled in five different types.
- Vodka is more widely consumed as compared to the tequila.
- Tequila is most often made at 38% alcohol content for domestic consumption while it can be produced between 31 and 55% alcohol content as well. Vodkas are generally5% to 40% alcohol by volume.
- Neat tequila is served in a narrow shot glass called a Caballito but it can also be served in other glasses ranges from a snifter to a tumbler. Neat vodka is served into a crystal skull doomed short
- Tequila is more expensive as compared to the vodka.