The main difference between these two types of bed is that full-size bed is smaller than a queen size bed. Its length is 75 inches and width is 54 inches as compared to the 80 inches length and 60 inches width of the queen size bed.
Full Bed vs. Queen Bed
A comfortable bed is something that every one person loves to have. When people go out to buy a product, certain specifications are required to be met for them to make a purchase. This is also true for buying beds because they come in various shapes and sizes. Two such categories in which beds can be put are queen and full beds. A full bed is termed as a bed which is enough for two people at least. It is bigger than the twin beds, which are two single beds joined together but shorter than the queen bed. This is the first difference between these two types of sizes. Queen bed, on the other hand, is larger than the full-size one. It can easily accommodate more than two people and is smaller than the master bed. An easy way of explaining where these two types fit is listing all the different sizes which are available in the market. In order from smallest to largest they are; twin, twin extra-large, full, queen, master, king. By dimensions, a full bed is 54 inches in width and 74 inches in length, while a queen bed is 60 inches in width and 80 inches in length. The primary use of full ones is in the bedrooms where few people can sit while two people can comfortably sleep. Queen bed can accommodate more people than full therefore is more suitable for guest rooms where a bigger family can stay, and more than a couple of individuals can sleep. Queen beds are more famous among people who have a family or larger space to fill at their home. Full beds are more attractive to people who are either single or two people living together, also individuals who have rented a room or are in their bachelor’s life prefer a full bed. According to an estimate from the top stores, around 30% of the people buy queen sizes while 20% of the people prefer buying beds of full sizes. Sizes are of utmost importance when people have to make up their mind to buy home appliances, and both these sizes give their own benefits and drawbacks. A brief explanation of both these types is provided in the next two paragraphs.
What is Full Bed?
A full-size bed that is also called as double size bed is the type of bed that is 54 inches wide and 75 inches long. Its mattress is fifteen inches wider as compared to the single size or twin size bed. That extra space leaves each partner twenty-seven inches space or about the width of a crib. Despite the fact that it is made for two persons, but nowadays queen size bed is given priority because it offers enough space for two sleepers even both sleepers are above five feet five inches tall. Full-size beds are recommended for younger children as these give the children a more comfortable place to rest when reading and even sleeping as compared to the twin or single size bed.
What is Queen Bed
The Queen bed is a type of bed that is 60 inches wide and 80 inches long. Its mattress and frame are wider as compared to the full-size bed but less than that of king size bed. For big mattress and frame, it is expensive as compared to the full bed, however, less costly than king size bed. In addition to the size of frame and mattress, the other main thing that differentiates between full size and queen size bed is that the frame of queen size bed consists of a leg in the center to support the rectangular frame. It is more comfortable as compared to the full-size bed because it offers more space per person in the case of two sleepers. In queen size bed, each person shares the thirty inches width that is perfect for a couple.
- The mattresses, sheets, and frames of the full bed are cheaper than that of queen size bed. However, all these are expensive when compared to that of single size beds.
- Full-size beds are mostly used for single person despite the fact they can accommodate two sleepers. On the other hand, queen beds are used for two persons as these can easily accommodate two persons that are why kept in small master bedrooms.
- Full-size bed is mostly used in the guest room and children room while queen bed is used in small master bedrooms.
- Both full bed and queen bed frame are of rectangular shape, but queen bed must contain rod in the center for supporting the size.
- Full bed is suitable for a person who is less than 5’8”tall while queen bed is appropriate for an individual who is over this measurement.
- The full bed has one standard version only while queen size bed has two variants namely Olympic queen size bed and California size bed. The dimensions of both of these two are different from each other.
- In full bed, each person shares the twenty-seven inches width while in queen bed each person shared the thirty inches width.
- Queen bed mattress is five inches longer and six inches wider than a full bed mattress.