Both Quicken and QuickBooks are accounting software developed by Intuit. The purpose of both are same too some extent, However, there are many differences between these two accounting software. The main difference between Quicken and QuickBooks is that Quicken is designed for individuals that is why it is called a personal finance management tools. QuickBooks is little advanced and is designed for small and medium-sized businesses.
What is Quicken?
Quicken is a personal finance management software for individuals and households developed by Intuit. Various version of Quicken mostly run on Windows and Macintosh operating systems. Its previous version was ran on DOS. There are various versions of Quicken for Windows that are Quicken Starter, Quicken Deluxe, Quicken Rental Property Manager, Quicken Premier, and Quicken Home & business as well as Quicken for Mac. By using this software, individual can organize their money. See all you money in one place and easily connect to banks and create a realistic budget. Synchronize data between devices, check balances, manage accounts and track purchases and many more anytime, anywhere.
What is QuickBooks?
QuickBooks is an accounting software pack for small and medium-sized businesses developed by Intuit. It offers on-premise accounting applications as well as cloud based versions that accept business payments, manage pay bills and payroll functions. It can be used by independent contractor, professional & field services, appointment based businesses, retail business, eCommerce business, and non for profit organizations. You can also connect QuickBooks to apps that you are using already including SafetyNet, receipt bank, PayPal, Shopify, and many more. Use QuickBooks and stay in sync with your bank, track your expenses, send professional invoices, pay your employees, manage and pay bills, free mobile apps, access for up to five users, automatic backups and many more.
- Quicken is for individual and personal finance management while QuickBooks is suitable for small and medium sized businesses.
- QuickBooks is used for business planning as well while Quicken doesn’t offer business planning, however, it provide the facility of creating budget, reports and graphs.
- Quicken can’t be used to manage payroll and sales.
- QuickBooks is integrate with MS Office.
- Quicken offer checkbook accounting that is not available by QuickBooks.
- By using Quicken, user can track investments that is not available in QuickBooks.
- Quicken can be used for college planning and managing household inventory that are lacking in QuickBooks.
- Quicken is available for Windows, Mac and online. QuickBooks is available for Windows worldwide and for Mac it is available for US only.
- Quicken has many version such as Quicken Starter, Quicken Deluxe, Quicken Rental Property Manager, Quicken Premier, and Quicken Home & business as well as Quicken for Mac. QuickBooks has limited version that are QuickBooks Pro, QuickBooks Premier, and QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions.
- The versions of Quicken are less expensive than QuickBooks.