The main difference between Passport and Visa is that Passport is a document or deed that states our identity during our travels, and Visa is authorized approval, which provisionally allows us to stay in another country.
Passport vs. Visa
A passport is a certificate or document which is allotted by the government of your own country, as proof of your identity and your residency. It’s sometimes, but not always necessary to show your passport when entering a country whereas a foreign country issue visa as proof that you have permission to enter that country. Passport is in the form of a small booklet with few empty papers for official documentation while the visa is not a distinct or separate document; it is a stamp that looks on your passport. The government issue or grant passport to the resident of its country, and a visa granted by the government official or employee of the staying country. Submitting and getting a passport is not a difficult process; on the other hand, the visa can be a difficult process as it lets you enter and stay in another state. Passport has various forms such as ordinary or regular passport, short term or temporary passport, and diplomatic passport, while visa has various forms such as tourist visa, worker visa, business visa, transit visa, and student visa. Passport has a photograph of the holder and information like name, date of birth, place of birth, age, sex, nationality, expiry date of passport, etc. on the other hand, visa gives information like extent or duration of stay, the purpose or intention of visit, expiry date of visa, number of allowed visits, etc.
What is Passport?
A passport is a formal certificate that permits you to leave your country and go to another state. It’s in term of a booklet and provides or states your name, birth date, and femininity or gender, along with a photograph and a matchless passport number. Passports, which are usually good for ten years, are electronic records that can scan upon entrance into another country. Some countries need that your passport is useable in at least three months once arriving in their country. Others need at least six months up to your passport expires. Before leaving on international travel, ensures that your passport is fresh or up to date and that it will expire well later your journey made.
Types of Passport
- Ordinary Passport: It allotted to the residents who are scheduling to travel to another country.
- Official Passport: It is also said service passports and allotted to the government staffs.
- Diplomatic Passport: For the work-related travels of the consuls or diplomats, the diplomatic passports issued.
- Family Passport: The family or intimate passports allotted to the entire family.
- Temporary Passport: Temporary passports also said as emergency passports, and they allotted to the people who misplaced their passports during their travel or visit to another country.
- Fantasy Passport: These passports are the latest creations. They only look like to be regular passports, but they are demonstrating countries that do not occur anymore or never occurred in the first place.
What is Visa?
Visa is not a separate document; it is formal approval in the form of a stamp on the passport that is granted or allowed officially by a government employee of the visiting country to arrive, stay and transit or movement in the visiting country. It gives you temporary or short-term admission to enter and live in another country for a definite period stated in the Visa. Meanwhile, you cannot be allotted a visa without a passport, and you need to get one before visa application. Visa comprises specifics like the duration of foreigner stay, residences or places where he/she is permitted to enter, dates when he/she can enter, the number of allowed visits, etc. The approval is provisional and based on the authorization of the immigration staff at the time of the real entrance of the foreign person. The officers are eligible to give or reject the entry of the foreign person.
Types of Visa
- Tourist Visa: It allotted for tourism trips.
- Business Visa: It allotted for people in a company or business who travel to a definite country to involve in commercial actions.
- Transit Visa: Its duration only for five days and sometimes less, and it allotted for crossing a particular country to reach the third place of destination.
- Student Visa: Student visa allotted to students who are studying in abroad.
- Temporary Worker Visa: It allotted to short-term workers in another country.
- Passport is a certificate that verifies our identity during travels, and Visa is formal go-ahead, which provisionally allows us to stay in another country.
- Passport can term as a document that is given out by the government of a country to its citizens on the submission; On the contrary, visa entails a provisional authorization allowed to the foreign person by the country’s agents.
- A passport may be in the form of an official document, whereas the visa attached in the passport, alike stamp.
- In every country passport issued by a specific government department, in every country. Unlike, the embassy or delegation of the country has the right to issue a visa.
In short, a passport is a deed or certificate that is used for determining a person, when he/she is moving or traveling to a foreign country, while a visa is official approval allowed by the national or country’s representative to go into and live in the country.