Table of Contents
The main difference between Iced Coffee and Iced Latte is that Iced Coffee is not made up of milk, whereas Iced Latte cannot be made without milk.
Iced Coffee Vs. Iced Latte
It is not possible for any person to know everything about the stuff that we eat and drink. There are different types of coffee throughout the world. There is simple coffee, iced coffee, iced latte, simple latte, and many more varieties, just like the single, double and triple shot espresso. They are composed of different types of ingredients and have different characteristics and flavors. Iced latte and iced coffee are similar in many ways and different in many attributes. Generally, iced coffee is nothing but a coffee which is mixed with ice cubes and water in a glass. While an Iced latte is made from chilled milk and espresso shot and is a chilled coffee drink. Iced coffee generally has a prominent and stronger coffee flavor. On the other hand, due to the use of a relatively large amount of milk in an iced latte, the drink has a unique milk sweetness in it. Iced coffee cannot be made with instant coffee because it needs granules. On the flip side, we can make Iced latte using a simple, instant coffee. Iced coffee has a simple recipe. Whereas, the iced latte has the recipes which differ from country to country. Iced coffee is the drink which requires the eight hours long or overnight natural blending. On the other hand, an iced latte is a drink which we can make quickly only in a few minutes.
What is Iced Coffee?
The term ‘iced coffee’ is a quite broad term because there are a lot of drinks which can be classified as iced coffee. However, most people called regular chilled coffee or brewed coffee, the ‘iced coffee.’ This is the reason that iced coffee is nothing but a coffee that is mixed with ice cubes and water in a glass. It sounds extremely simple. But it is not easy to make a good quality iced coffee. We have to carefully evaluate the ratio between water, coffee, and ice. Otherwise, the resulted drink will be tasteless or plain. It requires a lot of time to be made because we cannot increase the natural blending process.
What is Iced Latte?
There is no single recipe to make the iced latte that is endorsed and practiced all around the world. There are different iced latte recipes which are practiced at different places. The iced latte is a drink that is made from chilled milk and an espresso shot. These two are blended into the one; sometimes, ice blocks are also added in them. Iced latte can also be served with extract or an additional syrup.
- Iced coffee is not made up of milk, whereas iced Latte cannot be made without milk.
- Iced coffee has a liquid texture because it uses water; on the other hand, the iced latte has a distinctive texture and is somehow velvety and smooth.
- Iced coffee generally has a prominent and stronger coffee flavor. We can also find the exotic flavor, which is a mixture of slight sweetness, bitterness, and acid, conversely, the iced latte has a unique milk sweetness because of the large amount of milk in it. However, there is also some coffee flavor in it which has been toned down by the milk.
- The iced coffee has a simple recipe, on the flip side, the iced latte has the recipes which differ from country to country.
- Iced coffee contains coffee and water with some ice in a glass, while, an iced latte is made from chilled milk and espresso shot.
- Iced coffee is the drink which requires the eight hours long or overnight natural blending. Conversely, an iced latte is a drink which we can make quickly only in a few minutes.
- Iced coffee cannot be made with instant coffee because it needs granules; on the other side, iced latte can be made by using a simple instant coffee.
- Iced coffee may use brewed coffee or espresso as the base, on the flip side, iced latte uses espresso as the base.
- A granule coffee is usually added into the iced coffee, while, instant coffee is sometimes added to make the iced latte.
From the above discussion, it is summarized that although iced coffee and iced latte may sound same, iced coffee has a strong coffee flavor while iced latte has sweet milk flavor along with coffee flavor, which has been toned down.