The Internet is a vast world and so are all the things which are used to create. There are millions of websites which are there on the web and are helping people in getting the information they require. But one always wonders how are websites created and what is the process which goes on in the background which results in sites. HTML, which is also known as HyperText Markup Language, is the primary language which is used to create these web pages. Not only these, but they now also have an important role to play in the creation of different applications for mobile and the web. There are different versions of HTML which have been released, and the latest one is the HTML5. Many differences exist between these two types which will be discussed in detail. The main difference between them is that HTML was the first version while HTML5 is the latest version. All the new releases which have been introduced retain the original base of the first version, and only advancements are made in it instead of overhauling the whole language program. The interesting thing is that most people still prefer using the initial package and most of the browsers, although support the 5th version but still have some way to go to fully use the HTML5. Another difference is the use of tags between them, new ones are introduced in the latest version, but most of the websites are still using the old labels since using the new ones will mean changing the whole system which can be a significant risk for successful sites. The addition of new labels has enhanced the feature of HTML5 and this include header, title, nav and many others. Original HTML is simple, but the new one has brought changes which have fulfilled the modern demands of simplified language which can help to perform multiple functions. Another difference between them is that all of the browsers support HTML while most of the browsers support HTML5. If we go into the detailed features of both the updates we will see many technical differences between them, for example, the exact location of the user which is using the application of website can be determined on a mobile phone with the help of HTML5, but that is not possible from the initial version. A brief explanation and list of differences between these two are given in the paragraphs that follow.
What is HTML?
What is HTML5?
- HTML is a complete code which people can use if they have basic information about computer languages while HTML5 is currently in progress and various additions are being made in it.
- HTML has error free coding while HTML5 can have a few errors.
- All of the web browsers support the initial HTML version while most but not all the browsers support the HTMl5 version.
- There is a wide variety of tags available in the HTML5 while the tags present in HTML are the primary
- There is also a difference in the way the program is structured. There are two articles in the body of HTML5 while the usual HTML has two post options instead.
- Vector graphics are an important part of HTML5 while they can be used in HTML with the help of few technologies.
- The exact location of the person who is using the website at a given moment cannot be determined from HTML while the current position can be determined even on the mobile devices through HTML5.
- Java scripting is not possible in the initial version, but it can run in the background through the older version.