Glock 17 and Glock 19 are the two most famous kind of Glock pistol. These semi-automated pistols were designed and developed by Gaston Glock. Depending on personal preference and use both these Glock pistols are used in every part of the world. Glock pistols are regarded as the top quality pistols that possess extreme master class. Glock pistols are pioneer pistols that set up the trends and make a pathway for modern kind of pistols. The main difference between Glock 17 and Glock 19 is of their size. Glock 19 is referred as a compact version of Glock 17 as it has short barrel size and possesses more grip as compared to Glock 17.
What is Glock 17?
Glock 17 is the standard style semi-automated form of Glock pistol. It was the first official commercial pistol that was designed by Gaston Glock. Glock 17 led the foundation in term of pistol industry. Glock 17 proved to be a pioneer pistol, which opened the paths for other new modernized guns and pistols. The standard shape and style of Glock 17 give a premium look still. It was first launched in 1982, at that time this shape captures everyone’s attention and become heart robe of many. Due to its standard size, Glock 17 possess a longer slide and long extended barrel. Initially, only the standard shaped Glock 17 was produced. Later on, in 1988, the Glock 17L with even more longer and the extended barrel was introduced. Another new version or we can say kind of Glock 17 with the name of Glock C was introduced in 1996. These Glock 17C were having slot cuts inside the barrel which was not long like G 17L. Still, now the Glock pistols or the other pistols which came up with slot cuts do have written letter C on them. Glock 17 due to its standard size and shape, is also regarded as an original 9mm pistol. All the rest modern sort of pistols and guns developed afterward seeing immense quality and sale of Glock 17. The only issue that people faced with Glock 17 was of its gripping and its size, which was a bit big and heavy for carrying away all the time. Glock 17 has 17 bullet capacity round up magazine.
What is Glock 19?
Glock 19 is said to be the compact version of Glock 17. It was developed and presented in the market in 1988. We can say that Glock 19 is improved form of Glock 17. All the issue and problems regarding the shape and handling of Glock 17 were solved with the advent of Glock 19. Beside of Glock 17 has a standard shape, Glock 19 has a compact shape that looks smart and more classy even. The grip and handling on Glock 19 are much more improved now as compare to Glock 17. Previously only the trained armed professional were able to properly use Glock 17, whereas Glock 19 can be used by common people and even women after simple practicing. Glock 19 due to its compact shape is very much easy to carry along. It is even lightweight than Glock 17. Glock 19 possess 15 bullet capacity round up magazine. An interesting fact about Glock 19 is that it can use the magazine of Glock 17, but the magazine of Glock 19 cannot be used in Glock 17.
Glock 17 vs. Glock 19
- Glock 17 is the first Glock semi-automated pistol that is developed by Gaston Glock in 1982.
- Glock 17 is also stated as the original 9mm model.
- Glock 19 is the compact form of Glock 17 that was introduced in 1988.
- Glock 19 is also a complete semi-automated Glock pistol.
- Glock 17 has a standard style.
- Glock 19 has compact style. It is also known as a compact version of Glock 17.
- Glock 17 has 17 bullets round-up magazine capacity.
- Glock 19 whereas possessing 19 bullets round-up capacity.
- Glock 17 has a larger barrel of 114mm.
- Glock 19 has a shorter barrel of 102mm.
- Glock 19 is more easy and convenient to use as compared to Glock 17.
- The gripping ability and size are much reduced in Glock 19 as compared to Glock 17.
- Glock 17 is slightly heavier as compared to Glock 19.