People around you in society hold different roles in your life, they can either be less or more important but one can’t deny their inclusion and presence in life. From a guard to your office boss, you are directly or indirectly connected with these people and they have a certain task or work in your life. Friends and Acquaintances are two of the prominent relations in your life apart from your family. They can easily be differentiated as a friend is the person you have a bond of mutual affection and is quite close to you as he/she knows your intimate details, secrets, weaknesses, and is even aware of your point of view and mottos, whereas, an acquaintance is someone who generally knows you (not in much detail) and shares some space or time with you.
What is Friend?
A friend is the person who holds bond of mutual affection with you and always stands with you in every thick and thin. One relies on his friends heavily as he/she shares all his secrets, weaknesses, and intimate details with them. It can be that they even spend lesser time with you than the acquaintances, though they have a dedicated time with you as they specially visit your home or go outing with you. The one-on-one long talks for sharing experiences, and feelings are the core interests of friends. A Friend can either ask or give you a favor when needed. He/she stands along with you in every hard time and even enjoys with you in your good time at its fullest.
What is Acquaintance?
The person who slightly knows about you but is not your friend as you are not that much open to him/her and most of the time just have formal talks while hanging out or sharing space. The colleagues and the class fellows are the best example of acquaintances. You share some space with them but you don’t have mutual understanding with them. A colleague or class fellow can either be your friend, but many of them are just your acquaintances as you just interact with them just because they share space with you. The acquaintances didn’t come up with dedicated time for you at your place an not even have outing plans with you generally.
Friend vs. Acquaintance
- Friend is the person you have a bond of mutual affection and is quite close to you as he/she knows your intimate details, secrets, weaknesses, and is even aware of your point of view and mottos, whereas, an acquaintance is someone who generally knows you (not in much detail) and shares some space or time with you.
- Friend know more deeply about you than the acquaintance.
- Friends often go outing or spend dedicated time with each other, whereas that doesn’t happens in acquaintances.
- Friends have informal talks with each other, while acquaintances mostly have formal talks.
- A Friend can either ask or give you a favor when needed, whereas it rarely happens in case of acquaintance.