The main difference between Fact and Opinion is that Fact relates to the something true or real, which is confirmed by evidence, documentation, etc. and Opinion is what a person believes or thinks about something.
Fact vs. Opinion
A fact is a thing that can be proven as true by someone else. This truth can test through observation, experimentation, experience or some other means. Opinions are assertions people make about their beliefs and or judgments. They cannot test and verify as facts can. Facts can be verified or proven after standard allusions or scientific experiments whereas opinions are the result of emotion or interpretation of facts, this can be supported by an argument, which can make two opposing opinions from the same set of facts. Fact is objective, and opinion is subjective and personal. Facts are hardcore, and hence they cannot keep constantly changing whereas opinions can vary and not set in stone; they can also change from conviction or circumstances. Facts are also general, and they do not change as per region, cast, culture, religion, etc. and an opinion can influence by culture, religion, society, etc.
Scientific facts generally arise from scientific inferences, an educated think or opinion, created by a person, while it is not a fact until is proven on the other side Opinions can also become facts when proven and believed that almost all facts were opinions before they were proven. A fact is only truth and truth itself whereas opinion is only just a thought or speculation and it can lead to controversies. Facts are strong statements and opinions can be biased statements. Facts always stay back in history. Conversely, opinions are only views that may not get into history.
What is Fact?
A fact defined as a thing that is known or proved to be true. The fact can also refer to a piece of information presented as having objective reality. The fact can always verify with proof or evidence. Facts are always objective and neutral. They are exactly defined and can be measured. It used in relation or bond with research and study. A fact can be an event or data, based on real occurrences which can test through checking, i.e., they supported by proofs, statistics, documentation, etc. hence, a fact is nothing but a certain truth or reality which are agreed upon by consensus of people. e.g., Sun rises from the east and sets from the west and autumn comes after summer. You can notice that all these facts can be confirmed or proved by concrete facts. Some of them have been demonstrating by scientific research whereas records and data can prove the general facts. It is also essential to note that facts can sometimes be affected by opinions and biases, even in some academic and research fields. Thus, facts which are influenced by opinions are not objective.
What is Opinion?
An opinion is a perspective or judgment about something, i.e., what someone thinks about something. Opinions not necessarily based on facts or knowledge. Opinions are always subjective. Opinions often identified by the use of adjectives, superlatives, comparatives and first-person point of view. e.g., The speed limit should reduce, or everyone respects the principle of our school. The opinion is extremely influenced by a person’s feelings, thoughts, perspective, desires, attitude, experiences, knowledge, beliefs, values, etc., which cannot be tested by solid evidence. Hence, due to individual differences, every person’s opinion on a particular matter is also different.
- The fact explained as the declaration that can be verified or proved to be true. The opinion is an expression of judgment or belief about something.
- The fact is a purpose reality whereas opinion is a subjective statement.
- Facts explain what happened. Distinct an opinion that represents a perception about something.
- Facts shown with unbiased words. However, opinion expressed with biased words.
- Facts are information, and so it cannot be challenged or debated, but if we talk about opinions, they debated.
- Fact depends on observation or research while opinion based on assumption.
- Facts can verify with the help of evidence or statistics. On the contrary, opinion not supported by any evidence.
- One important aspect of the fact is that it is universal and does not vary from person to person. Compared this, every human being has a diverse opinion on a particular subject, and so, it varies from one person to another.
- Facts may alter anybody’s opinion, but vice versa is not possible.
Grasp facts and opinions are critical in analyzing the strength of an individual’s argument. Facts are always head start of opinions as facts can be proved to be right or accurate, while opinion may also be right, but they cannot prove as true.