Cuddle and Snuggle are the words of a similar meaning like hugging, embracing. Actually both the words are used to show bonding and affection between two livings and that is why they are used interchangeably. Even dictionaries present them as a synonym of each other. Cuddle is like taking someone in arms to show love or affection, this is mostly offered to the children, lovers or even pets. Most Often the term cuddle is used in an expression to show love and affectionate rather than the sexual interaction or extreme closeness. The snuggle is a verb that depicts drawing close of people in a cozier position to get warmth. This can even be sexual as it generally happens between spouses or sexual partners.
What is Cuddle?
The verb cuddle shows affection and love between two individuals. This act can happen while standing sitting or even lying and it stands for an affectionate bond. Usually, the word is used to express love towards children and pets. It is also used to describe the close holding of lovers while romancing. Furthermore, the word cuddle is also used to show affection in between living and non-living things, like the hugging of a pillow while sleeping is often referred to as cuddling. As compare to the snuggle, in this act, hands and arms are more in touch rather than the other body parts. To make it more easily understandable, a cuddle is the act in which one person holds other people close in arms as a way of showing love or affection.
What is Snuggle?
The verb cuddle shows one settling into the cozier condition with getting close to the other. It also describes one getting close to the other physically to get warmth and relaxation. This act is not a typical act of getting into one’s arms it is getting comfortable with the other with having more of the physical contact with the other person. The effort can be to feel warmth or showing intimacy. In the most usual mindset, ones settling or moving into warmth or getting into a comfortable position is regarded as snuggle. This act is being done while lying or sitting and has more of the physical contact then in embracing, cuddling or hugging. This act can even be sexual as it generally happens between spouses or sexual partners while lying on the bed.
- Cuddle is like taking someone in arms to show love or affection, while Snuggle depicts drawing close of people in a cozier position to get warmth or to show affection.
- Cuddle is commonly offered to the children, lovers or even pets, whereas snuggle generally happens between spouses or sexual partners while lying on the bed.
- In Cuddle, the arms and hands have more to do than in the snuggle.
- More body parts are physically in contact while snuggling than in cuddling.
- Cuddle can be done while standing, sitting or even lying, on the other hand, snuggle happens in comfortable positions like sitting or lying.
- Cuddle is regarded as the act of affection, or love commonly, whereas snuggle is said to be a romantic or sexual move.