Cold drinks have become an important part of our daily lives. Be it inviting friends of family over for a dinner, hanging out with buddies, going out on a date or even during an official meeting the main item which will always be there along with other food materials is some sort of cold drink. There are many types which are available in the market but it is a no-brainer when it comes to the two main cold drink rivals which are Coca-Cola and Pepsi Cola. Both have made their name in different parts of the world have a rivalry which has only intensified with time. Both try to take the lead over the other in terms of tastes, adverts and even the price which is set. There are many differences between them which will be interesting to discuss. The main difference between the two is the bottle color, Coke uses red as their main color while Pepsi makes use of blue color to create a different theme. Coke was the first soft drink which entered the market and started its production way back in 1886, not long after that, in 1893 Pepsi came into the market and the rivalry has been going on ever since. Both use almost the same ingredients and the only difference comes in the formula in which a specific amount of one item is mixed with another specific amount of ingredient giving them a distinct taste. The main difference in the taste is that Coke is more gaseous while Pepsi is sweeter in taste. When the prices are compared it is observed that Coca-Cola has a price which is more as compared to Pepsi but on the other hand, it is the most sold brand all over the world with Pepsi lagging behind at 6th spot according to the latest sales stats. The amount of sugar that is being used in both the products is different too, with Pepsi using more sugar. There are a variety of types that have originated from this rivalry such as the diet coke and Pepsi with Pepsi introducing Max while Coke introducing Zero. There are also other differences such as logo and the place where they were first originated. Pepsi came into existence in Carolina while Coca-Cola was first manufactured in Georgia. There are many other differences too which will be explained at the end while a brief description of two types is given in the next two paragraphs.
Definition of Coca-Cola
It was the first cola drink which came in the market some 130 years ago and has been one of the top selling brands all over the world because of its maintained quality. Coca-Cola was originated in Georgia in 1886 and uses red as the main color in the marketing as has always used more percentage of fizziness in its drink making it more suitable for people who want to enjoy the true taste of Cola. It is also said that the formula of making this drink only stays with the owners and no one gets to know which ingredient is added in what amounts. According to Forbes, it is the most sold drink in the world even more than tea of coffee or even alcohol which gives an idea of how much people are addicted towards it.
Definition of Pepsi
It is one of the most famous drinks in Asia but has not been able to hold the top position for long in the European and American region, although most of the top food chains are owned by Pepsi it lags behind in numbers when it comes to sales and is at 6th spot according to Forbes ratings. It is sweeter than the other drinks which have an advantage that it is liked by the young public, the amount of caffeine is also more which makes it useful if someone needs more energy. Pepsi was originated in North Carolina in 1893 and uses blue as the main color. Different campaigns and versatile taglines have given it fame all over the world and are the only main competitor of Coca-Cola in the market.
Differences in a Nutshell
- Coca-Cola was originated in Georgia while Pepsi was originated in North Carolina which means both of them are an American
- Coca-Cola was the first market entrant and started its production in 1886 while Pepsi started 7 years later in 1893.
- Coca-Cola has a price range which is more than that of Pepsi which does not have higher prices especially in the United States and the United Kingdom.
- Coca-Cola is the top most sold drink in the world while Pepsi is the 6th most sold drink in the world as of 2015.
- There are different amounts of sugar content present in them and Pepsi is sweeter in comparison to Coca-Cola although the sugar content on both is shown to be same.
- Both use almost the same ingredients but the main difference lies in the way they are mixed together.
- Coca-Cola uses a vanilla related chemical which gives is a distinct taste while Pepsi uses citrus flavor which gives it a different taste.
- Coca-Cola has a more gaseous amount in it which makes it fizzier while Pepsi is less carbonated since it uses less amount of carbon dioxide in the preparation.
- There are larger amounts of salt present in Coca-Cola as compared to Pepsi and the difference is around 13g per 240ml.
- Pepsi has large amounts of caffeine in the preparation as compared to Cola-Cola.
We all love drinks and when it comes to soft drinks the excitement gets even bigger. Pepsi and Coke have been the main competitors in the market and this article helps people in getting the idea of how they are different from each other and what are they key points related to them. Hopefully, that would have helped a few people.