Milk is a product that is part of our lives even if we want it or not. They are available in the forms that we consume in our usual routines. Different types of such milk depend on the place we are living and the climate and animal. Therefore, the main difference between milk and buttermilk is that the first one is the natural product that is obtained from the mammary glands of female beings whereas buttermilk is the name for milk from whom all the butter and cream removed so that the liquid that is left behind can last for a long time.
Buttermilk is the form of milk which is more famous in countries where the temperature is high; this is the reason that fresh milk cannot stay stable for a long time in extreme conditions even in the refrigerator and therefore people have to take some steps to make it last for a long time. In this type of milk, traditionally it is assumed that all the butter and cream removed so that the liquid that is left behind can last for a long time, this will define milk as buttermilk. The taste changes quickly and becomes sore. Therefore people add different stuff and remove other constituents for the purpose of preserving it for longer periods. It has many other forms, but most of the times people can drink it straight from the bottle it is present, they do not have to boil it in most cases. There are some instances when buttermilk was experimented while cooking and is used instead of oil to give things a distinctive taste. In Asian countries, this type of milk has the name of manufactured milk that is available in boxes that help it to retain the original taste and smell for more than few weeks. There are four main types of buttermilk, which are traditional buttermilk that is the one in which cream and butter are no more. Then there is the cultured buttermilk that is available in the market on a commercial scale. Then there is Acidified buttermilk has used for other purposes instead of drinking. The last one is the powdered milk from which all the nutrients removed and chemicals added to make it dry so that people can use it on their choice.
In scientific terms milk can be defined as the white, pale liquid produced by the mammary glands of the mammals, this includes human beings, cows, goats, sheep and other such animals and mostly found in the female. It is one of the liquids that is consumed most after water and has many benefits. The main advantage of having this liquid in daily routine is a healthy diet, a person who drinks milk regularly will have stronger bones and will be less deficient to many things. Then, many products have milk as the main ingredient; these include stuff like yogurt, cream, curd, butter, cheese and even cooking oil. The main health is enhancing bodies it contains calcium, lactose, and proteins. According to an estimate around 90% of the total world, population consumes milk in one form or the other, and more than 800 million people associated with work and products that are created by milk. Usually, from animal’s milk is produced on a daily basis and can be taken out with the help of pulling and can range from 1 to 2 liter in a cow. A female can produce milk only after she gives birth to an offspring; that is because several changes in the body of such beings take place, and hence milk starts existing within the body. The largest exporters of milk include countries such as The United States, India, China and Brazil whereas countries which import the most milk from the world are China and Russia. The demand for the milk-related product has been increasing for a long time, and new items are available frequently in the market.
- There is more nutrition in a healthy milk where all the original ingredients are present while there are fewer options to gain nutrition in case of buttermilk since it no proper fat content exists.
- Milk cannot survive in extreme conditions and quickly gets sore when there is too much temperature even if placed in the fridge. Buttermilk, on the other hand, can survive for few weeks in extreme temperatures.
- Milk that is obtained directly from the mammary glands of female beings is the one called natural milk, whereas the milk from which butter and cream removed for the purpose of making it more stable, is known as buttermilk.
- Buttermilk can have a bitter taste once it crosses its expiry date and can be tangy while the natural milk is sweet as long as it can stay in its original form.
- The products that originate from milk are various and can include stuff like yogurt, cream, curd, butter, cheese and even cooking oil. Whereas the buttermilk can be used mostly for drinking purpose only.
- Buttermilk cannot have any uses for cooking purposes whereas natural milk can be used instead of oil to give food a distinctive taste and smell.