BB Cream and CC cream are two different types of creams in cosmetics that are often consider as interchangeable products by most of the people. There are many points that differentiates between BB cream and CC cream. The main difference between these two creams is that BB cream is considered as an all-in-one facial cosmetic product that is used to replace serum, primer, foundation, moisturizer, and sunblock. While CC cream is a cosmetic product that is used as color control cream or to reduce the redness and sallowness from skin.
What is BB Cream?
BB cream stands for beblesh balm, blemish base, and it Western markets stands for beauty balm. BB cream is cosmetic product mostly sold in Asian markets, however, the majority of beauty products have introduced BB creams to Western markets. This is regarded as an all-in-one facial cosmetic product to get rid of serum, primer, foundation, moisturizer, and sunblock. It can be regarded as a single tinted moisturizer, over moisturizer and serum as a regular foundation, and under powder, depending on the desired amount of coverage. The origins of BB creams are Christine Schrammek, German dermatologist, in the 1960; developed further in the 1980s by Korean cosmetics companies. The main markets of BB creams are South Korean and Japanese markets from 1985 and Western markets from 2012.
What is CC Creams?
CC creams stands for color control cream, or color correcting cream and used to reduce the redness and sallowness from skin to improve uneven skin tone. The CC cream first appeared in 2010 as a product of the Singapore-based brand Rachel K. Present popular brands of CC creams are Chanel, Loreal, Rachel K, Mary Kay Cosmetics, Clinique, and Olay. It is thought that CC creams often provides more coverage as compare to BB creams but not always, and are pitched as being formulas that can cover flaws as well as provide skin benefits like reducing redness and dark spots, but these don’t always do that.
- BB cream stands for beblesh balm, blemish base, and beauty balm. CC cream stands for color control cream or color correcting cream.
- BB cream is a multipurpose beauty cream that contains primer, serum, moisturizer, foundation, and SPF for natural finish. CC cream is a color correcting cream that protect and beautify skin.
- CC cream has a matte texture and less oily than BB cream so it is recommended for oily skin.
- CC cream has color correcting properties so it is ideal to replace redness and sallowness.
- Cosmetic experts prefer BB cream for over CC cream for sensitive skin.
- Both BB cream and CC cream provide natural look. But if you want to keep your skin light then BB cream is best option as it provides sheer coverage while targeting skin blemishes.
- For anti-aging, CC cream is best to use for targeted action against age spots and fine lines.