There are many drugs in the market and used for various purposes. Some of them can be positive, and the other can be negative, and therefore it becomes utmost important to develop an understanding of the stuff you are using. Adderall and Ritalin are two such forms that are used to cure the main problem of from attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, it is also known as ADHD and is a type of disease is most common in people who are at the young age or even in children. Their main difference comes when we talk about the chemical which is being used in them and is amphetamine and dextroamphetamine for the first and Methylphenidate for the latter.
Adderall is one of the most important drugs used by people who have attention deficit hyperactivity disorder that is also known as ADHD. This type of disease is most common in individuals who are at the young age or even in children. There are many other uses of this drug as well and can only have a use on the advice of the doctor. This medication has the primary constituents in the combination of amphetamine and dextroamphetamine. Both these stimulants which are utilized for the central nervous system and help to maintain the balance. They directly affect the chemicals in the brain and the nerves and control the impulse and hyperactivity. There are many precautions that have to be kept in mind while using this drug; it is not favorable for people who are suffering from glaucoma or high blood pressure. It can also become dangerous for individuals who are addicted to narcotics or alcohol. This drug is addictive therefore it can only be consumed if the doctor has prescribed it since people can get used to it and start treating it as a real drug. An overdose of this can lead to even death or other harmful problems such as heart attack. It is more common in the United States where it is allowed to be used, while in many countries it is still banned for several reasons. Because of the mental and psychological problems increasing in people, the use has heightened to 40% in just the past ten years. It can also have used by individuals who want to enhance their concentration while studying and used it unlawfully to improve their performance while studying.
Ritalin is another drug which is pretty famous in the United States, it has almost the same methods like the one mentioned above but has different constituents, and the dangers along with benefits also vary depending on the person who is using them or the nature of the disease they are suffering. The assumption is safe to make on the fact that it is a central nervous system stimulant that is also used to maintain the balance in the brain and the nerve cells. It does so with the help of reaction with the chemicals in the brain and nerves, and assists in the control of impulse, and the response can get out of hands. It is also used mainly for the attention deficit hyperactivity disorder that is also known as ADHD but has many other uses for people who want to consume it. Individuals who suffer from other problems such as anxiety or agitation should not use it. Its medical name is Methylphenidate and is related to the brain transmitting system of the neurons. In addition to ADHD, it can be used to cure problems like chronic sleep disorder, it is also utilized as an antidepressant by most people and can have used as an addictive drug by people. The first dose should be taken after the consultation of a doctor and is usually in the small amount that is small enough to ignore. It helps in increasing the arousal and helping people motivate more when they are on a high dose to perform tasks that they otherwise find annoying. It has some side effects too, especially if an athlete is consuming them and can result in impairment and hyperthermia.
- The chemical name for Adderall is amphetamine and dextroamphetamine while the chemical name for Ritalin is the first and Methylphenidate.
- There is a generic version available for Adderall for a long time while the generic version of Ritalin has recently come on the market.
- They both are used to treat the same issues that include attention deficit hyperactivity disorder which is also known as ADHD and is a type of disease is most common in people who are at the young age or even in children.
- Ritalin is available in the forms of Immediate release tablet, extended-release capsule, extended-release tablet whereas Adderall is available in the form of Tablet or extended-release capsule.
- The dose of Ritalin is that you can consume it 2 to 3 times in a day after your meal. While you can consume Adderall around 4-6 times in a day after a gap of 4-6 hours.
- Adderall is the one that is prescribed more in the US with total prescriptions of 1.45 million whereas 200,000 doses of Ritalin given to patients of various kinds.
- The original manufacturer of Adderall is Shire, and the original manufacturer of Ritalin is Novartis.
- Side effects of Adderall include Weight loss, insomnia, headaches, irritability, increased muscle tension, anxiety, increased heart rate and others while the side effects of Ritalin include Nervousness, drowsiness, and insomnia.