Windows 8.1 and 8.1 Pro are the version of Windows NT, released by Microsoft and both are slightly different from each other. The main difference between 8.1 and 8.1 Pro is that Windows 8.1 Pro contains more features as compare to Windows 8.1 Pro. It is inclusion of Windows Media Center in Windows 8.1 Pro that is an extra-cost add-on.
What is Windows 8.1?
Windows 8.1 is the upgraded version of Windows 8 and is released by Microsoft. It is regarded as the professional version of Windows 8 and Windows 8 is itself is supposed to be home version. Windows 8.1 was released on August 27, 2013. Its platforms are IA-32, x64, and ARMv7 and its Kernel type is Hybrid. Windows 8.1 has resolved many complaints that were being faced by users in Windows 8. The main improvements include enhancement in start screen feature, extra snap views, extra packed apps, advanced OneDrive integration, Internet Explorer 11, search engine of Bing, revival of Start Button on taskbar and the ability to restore the previous behavior of opening the user’s desktop on login instead of the Start screen.
What is Windows 8.1 Pro?
Windows 8.1 Pro is the upgraded version of Windows 8.1 and is regarded as the comparison to Windows 7 Professional and Ultimate and is especially designed for professional and business users. It comes with all features of Windows 8. However, many extra features are also the part of this latest version that are receiving of Remote Desktop connections, the ability to involve in Windows Server Domain, Encrypting File System, BitLocker & BitLocker-To-Go, Group Policy, Virtual Hard Disk Booting, and hyper-V. Windows Media Center is also available as a separate application package for Windows 8.1 Pro as well. In order to use Windows 8.1 Pro, you must have installed Windows 8. However, you will have to pay for this but if you have installed Windows 8 Pro then there will be no cost for Windows 8.1 Pro as you can simply upgrade it via Windows Store.
- Windows 8.1 Pro is the upgraded version of Windows 8.1 and includes all features of Windows 8.1 plus many other additional features like in Windows Server Domain, Encrypting File System, BitLocker & BitLocker-To-Go, Group Policy, Virtual Hard Disk Booting, and hyper-V.
- Next it is the availability of software package of Windows Media Center in Windows 8.1 Pro that is and additional cost add-on.
- In order to install Windows 8.1 Pro, you are required to have Windows 8.1 on system. Windows 8.1 Pro is available free if Windows 8 Pro is preinstalled or pay $199.99 for Windows 8.1 Pro update if Windows 8 is installed.
- Windows 8.1 Pro works easily with various types of devices, including touch, mouse-and-keyboard, or both.
- Windows 8.1 Pro has more enhanced data protection features and ability to access your desktop remotely and connect to your educational institution or business via Domain Join.