Table of Contents
Since the human creation, they used to live in the form of the societies. With the passage of time, the variations and upgrading took place in the societies and they were differentiated on the basis of more or fewer facilities. In the modern world, the societies or residential areas upon quite the similar patterns are differentiated from each other. The urban area refers to the area with more facilities as their rate of industrialization and urbanization is quite high as compared to the rural. In today’s world, town and cities are included in urban areas, on the other hand, hamlets and villages are included in the rural category. The rural area is the area which has a lower rate of urbanization and industrialization.
What is Urban?
The urban area refers to the area with elite or top-class facilities available as compared to the rural area. In this type of area, the rate of urbanization and industrialization is quite high. Towns and cities are the examples of the urban area. The sense of competition is also quite more in the urban life, therefore it is quite fast and more complicated life as compared to the rural life. The tall buildings, well-built roads, better schools, better sewerage system, and top-class hospitals are few of the features of the urban area. At the same time the one living in the urban area is far away from nature as the rapid deforestation is happening in the town and cities for the purpose of more and more industrialization. In urban area people earn their living through industrialization, service jobs or private jobs. The urban life is much complicated and faster that people even living in the neighborhood don’t know each other. The biggest issue urban societies are facing nowadays is that people from the rural area are migrating to the cities in the hope of the better quality life. Following this the urban areas have got so much densely populated that division of resources doesn’t takes place that much efficiently. Apart from hundreds of pros of urban life there are dozens of cons also the pollution is quite higher in the urban area, which is making people severely ill.
What is Rural?
The rural area refers to the villages and hamlets, which have less rate of urbanization and industrialization. The major source of earning in the rural area is through the agriculture as not much employment opportunities are available over there. Nowadays rural settlements are near the boundaries of the cities which make the people’s access to medication and education quite easy. But if we talk about the presence of such facilities in the rural area; they are quite low. The rural life lags behind regarding technology and industrialization. In many of the rural area worldwide, even the facilities of proper roads are not available. The rural life is comparatively quite calm and people have time for gossips and meetings with each other on a daily basis. In some cases rural areas also got transformed into the urban area if the government fully works on the infrastructure, education and industrialization of that area.
Urban vs. Rural
- Urban area refers to the area with a higher rate of urbanization and industrialization, whereas the rural area refers to the area with a lower rate of urbanization and industrialization.
- Urban refers to the developed areas like cities and towns while rural area refers to the less developed areas like villages and hamlets.
- Proper infrastructure, education and top hospital facilities are available in the urban area, whereas all such facilities are missing in the rural area.
- The people living in the urban area earn their living through the services jobs and industrialization, whereas people in rural areas earn their living through agriculture.
- The urban life is more complex as the sense of competition is more. Following it people living in urban areas have less time for each other. On the other hand, rural life is quite calm and people have gossips and meeting with each other on a regular basis.