The main difference between Travel and Tourism is that Travel is the movement of a person for a long journey, whereas Tourism is traveling to recreational places for amusement.
Travel vs. Tourism
Travel refers to the journey of a person. Tourism is an organization which plans short trips and journey. People travel for many purposes can be a business deal, a family tour, some private work, or a visit to a charming place. The tourism company has only one purpose; the groups only visit recreational places for pleasure. Traveler visits alone, whereas tourism arranges trips for groups.
Traveler engross himself in that regional people, spends most of the time with them, tries to learn their language, eat locally prepared food, and color himself with their culture. In the case of tourism, the tourist group does not involve local people, only visits their destined place, speaks only international language, eats a special ordered diet, and does not attract their culture. Traveler can travel without plans, but tourism needs proper planning.
In travel, the traveler feels happy to explore every place of the area, wants to explore the beauty of every little particle on his own. Tourism groups do not visit every place. The visit only the place which includes in their schedule. In travel, traveler carries light luggage as his plans can vary to stay from a week to a month. In tourism, tourists’ journey is for a short period, they carry heavy luggage, and their stay is short. In travel, traveler books easy and comfortable place to stay according to the requirement of purpose. Tourism company books only five-star hotels.
Travel is a common word, and its usage is everywhere. Tourism is a profit-oriented organization, and this term is special for a traveling company that organizes tours for the people. In travel, the traveler thinks that he is not on vacation, but on a specific journey. In tourism, the tourist enjoys trips as vacations. In travel, the traveler wants to explore any place with any prior knowledge, whereas tourism groups have experiences and schedules. In travel, the traveler enjoys every trip without any principle or order; on the flip side, in the tourism group, every member must follow the rules and principles of the operator.
What is Travel?
Travel does not mean as people move to a place for some time as he went to the market for shopping after some time, he returned home. This movement may take some minutes to some hours. It does not specify the definition of travel. Travel stands for a specific term, which means a long journey for at least one or two weeks. The person who travels is called a traveler. The company pay travel expenses and stay if it is an official tour. It is somehow finding its relationship with the economy of the place. In this case, the customers get benefited from financial gain.
A traveler has many purposes of traveling such as to visit his family, to see friends, to attend specific events, to participate in funerals, move outside of the country, on any official tour arranged by the company, for a business deal, for some basic facilities such as health and education issues, and can be other reasons. A traveler can prompt other peoples to visit a specific location.
The traveler has some unique characters as they visit a place without any experience, somewhat like an adventure. They are not aware of the result but visits every place of the specified region. He involves in their culture, people, diet, and language. He observes them deeply and tries to become like them. Sometimes, the traveler stays for a longer period, so he must become familiar with local things. The involvement helps in adjustment.
A traveler travels light and is not benefited from tour packages. They observe and enjoy every moment in every area. They carry light luggage. They have the freedom to do everything to enjoy in their way. The traveler is not slaves of any orders. A traveler learns a lot from his tours and trips. He learns about the customs, conditions, and lives of every region of the world.
What is Tourism?
Tourism can be described in two ways. It can be traveling to a recreational place. Besides, the company which provides hotels, restaurants, and every facility for the people who are fond of traveling is known as tourism. The tourism companies manage many operations like advance ticket bookings, the clearance of information for the visa, booking of hotels, transport management, etc., these companies are responsible for a peaceful and ethical journey.
Tourists are opposite to travelers. They travel in groups and bonding. In every group, there is a guide which guides the way to visit that place. The guider is familiar to that place, and every group member must follow him. These groups have specific terms and conditions. The tourists are slaves to these principles. They cannot do any work against it. There is no change in their schedule. Everything is pre-planned and managed.
Tourist only visits places to explore their beauty. They often visit mountains, lakes, museums, historical places, national parks, attracting, and charming places. Most people are well experienced for a visit. They follow google maps to pursue a destination. There is nothing adventurous in their journey; visit a place do not explore new things. The economy of the country also increases because of tourism.
Tourists have their own identity in every region means they do not involve in people, their diet, their culture, their language, and their lifestyle. Tourist is from different parts of the world; therefore, they only speak the international English language. The tourists only taste the local food to feel a change. They observe people’s culture and take photographs to save them in their memories. Tourists visit places for pleasure and enjoy as vacations. They miss their home substitutes and do not adjust to the local environment.
- Travel is a trip to a place that can be of family tour, business trip, and pleasure trip, whereas tourism is traveling for the desire to amusing places.
- Travel happens without any plan. It can be a sudden plan. Conversely, tourism needs a specific plan for every hour, every day and every moment.
- In travel, a traveler can change their routine or plans according to needs, while tourism groups restrict to schedule; in other words, they are bond slaves to their plans.
- In travel, the traveler takes an interest in the culture of that place and colors himself in that way; on the other hand, in tourism, tourists observe culture do not involve in it.
- In travel, traveler devotes his time to residents of tour places; on the flip side, tourism groups spend most of their time in their scheduled works and places.
- In travel, traveler prefers to eat local food, whereas tourism groups eat their specific food or order special food.
- Travel is a term which broadly describes traveling to any place, whereas tourism has plans and schedule for a specific recreational place. They visit that place.
- In travel, the traveler tries to learn the regional language; on the flip side, tourism people speak only English; they do not know the native language.
- Travel comprises small baggage, while tourists carry large luggage.
- The traveler is always interested to see every place and travel on his own to that area, while the tourism group does not visit every place. They follow google maps to the destined place.
- In travel, traveler books normal and decent places to stay; conversely, tourism companies book three or five-star hotels.
- In travel, the traveler is mostly one person, whereas tourism always includes groups.
- Travel can be for business, private, or amusement purposes, while tourism is always a leisurely trip for amusement.
- Travel stay can be short, or it can be long according to purpose; on the flip side, tourism groups stay only for a short time can be for one week or one month.
- Travel is a common term. We use it daily routine, while tourism is an international term used for specifically planned tourist trips.
Travel and tourism are traveling to some places, but travel can be business, family, or recreational trip, whereas tourism is traveling to some specific locations and attractive places such as mountains, lakes, museums, and historical locations.