While drawing or painting something we select the colors of our choice, some of them seem vastly different from each other while others are similar with few variations, white color is such that many closely related types of that color have originated and it gets difficult to keep track of them. Ivory gets defined as a hard white substance that is creamy and substance composed of the main part of the tusks of an elephant. On the other hand, White gets defined mostly as of the color of milk or fresh snow, due to the reflection of all visible rays of light.
Ivory gets defined as a hard white substance that is creamy and substance composed of the main part of the tusks of an elephant, walrus, or narwhal, often (especially formerly) used to make ornaments and other articles. Usually, it gets considered as a variation of white color but in some cases, gets categorized as a separate entity. This color becomes explicit for elephants since their teeth are the ones known for the same color. It is the origin from where the material and the color comes. Ivory tusks are substantially large teeth that project well beyond the mouths of elephants. Like our teeth and the ones of many mammals, these tusks are profoundly entrenched. Much of the tusk is made up of dentine which gets categorized as a hard, dense, bony tissue. And the whole tusk is enfolded in enamel, the firmest animal tissue and the part of the tooth that controls the most wear and tear. Ivory mostly has applications in arts and designing where the use of this color and material is one of the most varied fields. The word ivory originates from the ancient Egyptian âb, âbu that means elephant, with the actual meanings from the Latin ebor- or ebur. As explained earlier, because of the uses it has, since ancient times, Ivory has stayed an important and costly item to have. Although most of the countries ban the use of this material because of the decreasing amount of elephants, it gets produced artificially.
White gets defined mostly as of the color of milk or fresh snow, due to the reflection of all visible rays of light. And in some cases, as the opposite of black. It is one of the most used colors when it comes to human beings and has applications in all fields of life. The milk we drink is white in color, the copies and the pages used to write stuff also belong to the same range. Human teeth show as white whereas it also has a meaning of belonging to or denoting a human group having light-colored skin (chiefly used of peoples of European extraction). Because of the abundance, it gets considered as the color of nature. Even though we cannot see most of it, but the color of sunlight also falls in the white range. This color gets used in many other ways, for example, whenever someone has to finish the race, flag of the same field will become useful. Even if someone has to fight a war and want to end it, the same flag has its importance. In ancient Egypt and ancient Rome, celebrants wore white as a representation of purity, and Romans wore a white gown as a symbol of public spirit. In the Middle Ages, a white unicorn represented chastity, and a white lamb sacrifice and purity. In most eras, the widows of kings dressed in white to mourn the death of their husbands even though mostly black gets used for this purpose.
- White gets considered as a natural color and one of the most abundant in nature. On the other hand, ivory gets considered as one variation of the white color.
- Ivory gets defined as a hard white substance that is creamy and substance composed of the main part of the tusks of an elephant. On the other hand, White gets defined mostly as of the color of milk or fresh snow, due to the reflection of all visible rays of light.
- White color comes from nature, mostly due to the sunlight whereas ivory comes from the tusks of an elephant, walrus, or narwhal, often used to make ornaments and other articles.
- People who have brighter skin prefer to wear white color a lot whereas people that have paler skin prefer to wear ivory color a lot.
- White color refers to something that gives the impression of coolness and calmness, whereas ivory color relates to something warm since it has a tinge of yellow and brown color.
- Ivory mostly gets used as the cream color that has something paler, whereas white gets used as the pure color that has something pure.
- Some variations of white color include ghost white, cream, beige, linen, bone, vanilla, ecru, ivory, snow, white smoke, and others. Whereas ivory does not have any particular variations.