There are two environments of an organism. One is internal and other is external environment. Here, ‘in vivo’ is said to be the thing inside or in the internal environment of the body, whereas ‘in vitro’ is a thing that is taking place outside the body in the external environment. An example of in vivo is ‘in vivo ‘measurement of fluids and example of ‘in vitro’ is in vitro fertilization. So the key difference between in vivo and in-vitro is the place where things are going or taking place. In vivo is inside the body while in vitro is outside the body or in simple words in vivo is the thing in internal place while in vitro is a thing in external place.
What is Invivo?
In vivo is a Latin word that means within the living. In vivo are the things inside or in the internal environment of the body. In vivo experiments or activities are performed in the original environment of the organisms. These are more suitable if the organism is alive and healthy. One of an example of in vivo is clinical tests which can be controlled by devices or by giving drug related to it. The organism being tested is kept under examination for some period. Results are made after certain periods. It Results in different periods varies from each other. In vivo tests are usually more expensive and time-consuming.
What is Invitro?
In vitro is also a Latin word that means within the glass. In vitro are the things that are taking place outside the body in the external environment. These are mostly performed in test tubes or Petri dishes. Most tests or experiments in biology and medical performed are in vitro. These tests are not concerned with the internal or natural environment of the living organism. Their results are more accurate and less time consuming. In vitro tests are safe, less expensive and provide quick and precise results. Therefore in vitro are preferred over in vivo. An example of in vitro experiments is in vitro fertilization that is done outside the body. The gametes are collected inside the test tube and fertilized in a special medium and at the end it implants inside the female body. This type of fertilization is now very common and is helping many parents with some disabilities to reproduce easily.
Invivo vs. Invitro
- In vivo means inside the body, whereas in vitro means inside the glass.
- In vivo are performed inside the body and body is used as apparatus while in vitro are performed in test tubes or Petri
- In vivo is done in the natural environment of the organism, whereas in vitro is done in an artificial
- In vivo is more expensive and time-consuming while in vitro is less expensive and less time consuming.
- In vivo gives slow and less precise results, on the other hand, in vitro gives quick and precise results.
- In vivo requires more observation, whereas in vitro require less observation.