The main difference between hotel and restaurant is that hotel provides all accommodations whereas restaurant provides food and drink. Sometimes a restaurant can be found inside the hotel as well.
Hotel vs. Restaurant
A hotel is a formation that provides accommodations in daily life besides providing meal services, whereas a restaurant is established only to provide food and drink. A hotel is a place for rooms and food requirements of travelers and tourists whereas a restaurant is simply a place to have food outside of our home. A hotel is a large building having many lodging facilities and even floors with different features, but in contrast, a restaurant is smaller in size and do not have accommodation facilities. Luxury hotels provide facilities like en-suite bathroom, room service, childcare, swimming pool, etc. whereas luxury restaurants only provide all major meals like breakfast, lunch and dinner. Some hotels may provide meals as a part of the room; in contrast, restaurants do not have this facility. The hotel may vary in size and in facilities they provide whereas restaurants may be established inside the hotel or in a shopping mall as well and provide its facilities inside the hotel.
What is Hotel?
A hotel is a place that provides basic accommodations and lodging facilities to travelers and tourists. It provides accommodations for a short period. Small hotels provide basic facilities like bed and storage for clothing etc. Luxury hotels can provide luxury facilities such as swimming pools, childcare, room services, en-suite bathroom, cafes, casinos, etc. and also provide some amusement services. The architecture of hotels is unique. They usually have 50-200 rooms, along with several floors and facilities. Hotels have staircases, lifts, and internal corridors that lead to the rooms. Besides, some hotels adopt a specific style of design, architecture, and interior. The personnel of hotels has receptionist, hotel boys, cooks, and management stuff. Hotels are star rated from one star to seven stars depending on the facilities and services they provide. Hotels vary in size, facilities, and prices.
- Upscale Luxury Hotels are the ones that provide luxury facilities, on-site full-service restaurants, full-service accommodation, and a high level of personalized and professional service. Classification of these type of hotels is at least four or five diamond or star status.
- Full-Service Hotels are the ones that have full-sized luxury facilities, full accommodation services, and amenities.
- Boutique Hotels have 10 to 100 rooms and are small hotels.
- Motels are relatively roadside small hotels basically for motorists. Their rooms are arranged in low blocks with directly outside parking.
What is Restaurant?
A restaurant is a place that provides food and drinks and serves the costumers. Food is usually present and eaten inside the restaurant, but nowadays some restaurants also provide takeaway or delivery services as well. Restaurants vary greatly in size and services. Restaurants offer inexpensive, fast food centers to expensive luxury establishments. Some luxurious restaurants offer all major meals: breakfast, lunch, and dinner and also some entertainment services but most of them may only serve a single or two meals. The architecture of restaurants is quite different from hotels. They have only one or two-storied indoor complexes. Usually, they have one zone where the kitchen, the reception, and the staff are there. While on the other zone, mostly the larger one filled with tables, chairs, and lounges for guests. The personnel of restaurants is quite different because they only need the cook and the servers type of person. One or two more may need for reception and maintenance. A restaurant can also be categorized based on menu style, methods of preparation, and prices.
- Hotel is placed having accommodations and lodging facilities with dining, whereas restaurants have only food and drinks and do not have lodging facilities.
- The hotel’s basic purpose is to facilitate lodging and dining with some extra facilities too, but on the other hand, a restaurant’s basic purpose is to facilitate meal and fast food.
- Hotels have large buildings with multiple stories. Conversely, restaurants have only one or two-storied indoor complexes and present sometimes inside the hotel.
- Hotels also provide a meal, on the flip side, food is generally served and eaten inside the restaurant some also provide takeaway or delivery services.
- Hotels range from basic to really expensive ones the same as restaurants also range from basic to expensive food.
- Hotels are the main source of accommodation and lodging for travelers and tourists; on the other hand, restaurants are known greatly for the good quality food they serve.
Above discussion concludes that hotels provide all accommodations and lodging facilities with dining, whereas the restaurant provides only food and drink. Sometimes a restaurant can be found inside the hotel as well.