The main difference between helicopter and chopper is that chopper is more causal than helicopter and used by media and business men for personal purposes while helicopter is used by professional pilots or soldiers of army.
What is Helicopter?
Helicopter is a rotorcraft in which rotors supply the lift and thrust power. Rotors allows the helicopter to take off and land vertically, to hover, and to fly in any direction, forward, backward or laterally. These functions enables the helicopter to be used in clogged or isolated where fixed-wing aircraft and many forms of vertical-takeoff-and-landing aircraft cannot operate. In English language, the word chopper, copter, helo, heli, and whirlybird is also used. Helicopter is widely used by military, however, VIPs also uses the helicopters.
What is Chopper?
Chopper is a kind of helicopter but with limited functionality. It is more casual words and never used formally in business. Chopper is widely used by media, movie makers, and businessmen. Today the world helicopter has been widely replaced by chopper but the official word for helicopter is still helicopter. Chopper is widely used for corporate, medical, firefighting, police, parapublic, oil & gas, etc. purposes. We should keep in mind that “chopper” may also referred to a type of motorcycle.
- Helicopter is used by military for defense and war purposes while chopper is widely used for corporate, medical, firefighting, police, parapublic, oil & gas, etc. purposes.
- Chopper is the casual word for helicopter.
- Although the word helicopter has been widely replaced by chopper but helicopter is still a formal word in business.
- Helicopter are used in clogged and isolated areas where fixed-wing aircraft like chopper and many forms of vertical-takeoff-and-landing aircraft cannot operate.
- Most of the helicopters have more than one blades or rotors while choppers usually have one rotor or blade.